Dry Diapers/Wet Panties? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2011, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 21-month old daughter seems opposite from what I've always heard and read about "potty training".  In diapers, she stays dry, and tells me when she needs to go.  In panties, though, she doesn't seem to care if she pees in them.  (She's pretty reliable about pooping in the potty whether she's in diaper or panties.)  She will come get me and show me that she peed on the floor if she does that so I feel like she understands that pee doesn't go on the floor.

We started EC kind of by accident at 9 months, after sleeps and by timing.  We never really effectively cued though I did try that.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 01:17 PM

Have you tried waterproof training pants?  They are supposedly very uncomfortable when wet.  Maybe the waterproof cover on the diaper is holding the pee in whereas the underpants do not feel as wet?

Old 08-24-2011, 03:35 AM

Our DS has the same response...dry in diapers, signals loudly; will wet his undies and then signal. It is SO weird! We just continue to communicate: "you peepeed in your underwear, peepee goes in the potty. let me know when you need to go and i'll help you." But it is totally frustrating. It's a struggle to put on a diaper, so we just continue on with the undies and as his vocabulary expands, it IS shifting...in baby steps. Perhaps for you the plastic-lined trainers would make a difference.

A question - do you put pants on over the undies? Or skirts? Curious...I have also heard that some babies won't go if certain types of pants are over the undies. :)

Hang in there! There's got to be a solution that will work for you...I'll think on it some more!

Andrea & Kaiva 12 mos.

EC Simplified

Andrea Olson, DS 2.5 yrs, DD due 10/9/13

Author | EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy

Owner | GoDiaperFree.com

[I teach parents of 0-20 month old babies how to stop diapering
full-time and how to avoid...

User Tag List