how do you keep your LOs legs warm? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-22-2011, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

leg warmers made from old socks?  Split crotch pants?  Are there any other alternatives, for keeping the diaper exposed so I know when he's wet??

#2 of 7 Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 PM

We used split crotch pants with a trainer *on top* of it. That way it was really easy to tell when my DS 'went' (if it was non-waterproof) and really easy to potty quickly. Wool or fleece splits worked great because even if a little wetness got on it it would pretty much repel right off. I do like all split crotch pants though. 

I used leg warmers a ton too. We bought and made them. They are great, but sometimes in winter we needed the coverage of split crotch pants.

EC so easy with ecaPants!! ~the flip down, drop front, little learning pants

Check out FB for updates, 'seconds' sales, deal announcements, etc smile.gif

#3 of 7 Old 08-24-2011, 01:57 AM

Hi! There are several options here...we've tried the following:

1. prefold cotton diaper folded in half held in place with a diaper belt (you'll instantly know when LO is wet); on the legs: Rock-a-Thigh Baby makes incredible long baby socks that are warm, recycled yarn, stay-up; Hank & JoJo's make cute long socks too that are thinner but stay up really well and cover the legs and thighs, depending on the size you get.

2. split-crotch pants with a prefold cotton diaper held sumo-style (like above) over them; we also put a diaper cover with folded prefold inside it on top of the split-crotchers for camping trips. Worked great.

3. I used to (when DS was littler) use long socks (the two brands in #1 above) underneath babylegs leg warmers...the layering was great at staying in place, not losing pieces, and I could use whatever (if anything) on the bum.

4. naked bottomed with #3....and make a soaking pad layer to lay baby over...100% wool felt, towel, blanket, prefold...whatever you like!

5. yes, cut off the feet of long kids' socks and you've got leg warmers.

6. cut the crotch out of a pair of baby tights. put whatever you want over them.

Hope these ideas help you generate something useful! :)

Andrea

EC Simplified

Andrea Olson, DS 2.5 yrs, DD due 10/9/13

Author | EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy

Owner | GoDiaperFree.com

[I teach parents of 0-20 month old babies how to stop diapering
full-time and how to avoid...

#4 of 7 Old 08-31-2011, 01:28 PM

Have you visited www.ecwear.com ? They offer a some good items. I like their leg warmers more than moby leg warmers. the wool prefold belt also seems like a great idea and it's more affordable than ecpants.

#5 of 7 Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 AM

I agree...ECWear.com is a great online store, run by a WAHM in NY (who is a sweetheart).

Also, forgot to mention there is a pattern here to sew your own split crotch pants: http://doityourselfec.blogspot.com/2008/01/three-seam-split-crotch-pants.html

We've used it for 3 pairs...and using cotton flannel or wool helps b/c they dry so quickly! :)

Andrea Olson, DS 2.5 yrs, DD due 10/9/13

Author | EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy

Owner | GoDiaperFree.com

[I teach parents of 0-20 month old babies how to stop diapering
full-time and how to avoid...

#6 of 7 Old 09-16-2011, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

we loved !!! Babylegs. I now love Huggalugs. DD still wears them all the time. She also wears them at night which is great.

BTW recently I emailed Babylegs and they sent me a list of store ans those online stores have some great deal on legwarmers. I think Babyonce was one.

#7 of 7 Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 PM

we use baby leg warmers.

the best place I have found to buy them is baby snazz.

They have sales all the time and the customer service is fabulous!!!

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page