EC-friendly diapers/underwear? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Any recommendations on what underwear helps make EC-ing easier? Right now I use flat diaper cloths tied around the waist, but having to undo and redo it is kind of a hassle, and now that my LO is more mobile and squirms a lot, she always manages to remove the tie. Is underwear better? Or not necessary?

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 09-18-2011, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

EC WEAR store has great few options.

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love
#3 of 9 Old 09-18-2011, 09:24 PM

We love ecapants but they are not cheap.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#4 of 9 Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

I've been looking thru online EC stores, and there's so many options! I would love to hear what other mamas' recommendations and why. My LO is 3 months old now. Ideally, I'd like to not have to spend a lot if they would last awhile... 

#2 due December 2014!
#5 of 9 Old 09-18-2011, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

I did see those when searching. How are they? Do they dry quick on the line? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post

We love ecapants but they are not cheap.

#2 due December 2014!
#6 of 9 Old 09-19-2011, 01:41 PM

They dry in about a day for us (northern california, so moderate weather). 

I prefer the non-waterproof ones (with the insert) so that you can tell right away if baby is wet.  When we need more protection we use wool shorts or pants over.  But we do also have some of the waterproof ones.  We've tried a bunch of different options, and these are my favorite.  Just wish I had found them earlier, then I would have more of these and less of other ones.

A cheaper option, at least for home use, is using a prefold belt with prefolds. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhie View Post

I did see those when searching. How are they? Do they dry quick on the line? 

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#7 of 9 Old 09-19-2011, 09:22 PM

we use sassy cloth trainers (www.sassycloth.com) she will custome make them so as waterproof or not as you like. The ones I got fit my dd at 3 months (a little loose but held in poos) all the way till about a yr when she didn't need them at night anymore. They are still in great shape and we plan on using them with the next baby.

at 7 months we switched during the day from the sassy cloth trainers to tiny undies that can be purchased at the ec store. We were really happy with those too.

I used the ecapants and like them a lot BUT they are expensive and I found the pull up style to be a better option for us.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#8 of 9 Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

How are the tiny undies? Do they hold any pees? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

we use sassy cloth trainers (www.sassycloth.com) she will custome make them so as waterproof or not as you like. The ones I got fit my dd at 3 months (a little loose but held in poos) all the way till about a yr when she didn't need them at night anymore. They are still in great shape and we plan on using them with the next baby.

at 7 months we switched during the day from the sassy cloth trainers to tiny undies that can be purchased at the ec store. We were really happy with those too.

I used the ecapants and like them a lot BUT they are expensive and I found the pull up style to be a better option for us.

#2 due December 2014!
#9 of 9 Old 09-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Tiny undies can't hold any pee.I started using a lot after my babies can hold more consistently and/or have a very clear cues or timing. For us it was past 8mo.

We used a lot of non-waterproof trainers in warm weather and snap diapers non-waterproof & wool leggings or fleece pants to go out in winter season, for easy changes without take off pants and shoes. At home, they were bottoms naked 24/7, sometimes legs warmers or split pant w/ no diapers

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page