EC Social Faux Pas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-18-2011, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had to share this story because it's kind of funny but also maybe a rookie mistake? DH and I were out shopping for a long time and I decided to change DD's diaper. We just started ECing about a week ago and have so far only tried in the little potty at home. Anyway, I decided to see if she needed to pee, not really expecting it to work. I squatted next to the car in the parking lot and held her in ec position and cued her and lo and behold she peed! joy.gif ....and...pooped....on the asphalt next to our car. duh.gif I threw a wipe over the puddle of poop and used a napkin to try to get it mopped up w/o touching it. uck! I guess next time I'll try to at least find a bush...any thought on better places to do this? blush.gif Has this happened to anyone else?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#2 of 14 Old 10-18-2011, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

I had to share this story because it's kind of funny but also maybe a rookie mistake? DH and I were out shopping for a long time and I decided to change DD's diaper. We just started ECing about a week ago and have so far only tried in the little potty at home. Anyway, I decided to see if she needed to pee, not really expecting it to work. I squatted next to the car in the parking lot and held her in ec position and cued her and lo and behold she peed! joy.gif ....and...pooped....on the asphalt next to our car. duh.gif I threw a wipe over the puddle of poop and used a napkin to try to get it mopped up w/o touching it. uck! I guess next time I'll try to at least find a bush...any thought on better places to do this? blush.gif Has this happened to anyone else?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Sorry, that's hilarious.  We usually travel with the little potty in the car, or at least cue her over a plastic bag if we think poop is a possibility.  I don't mind pee anywhere, but poop's a bit ickier.  Especially when it's newborn bf and hard to, um, pick up.  HAHAHA again :)  I love you.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#3 of 14 Old 10-18-2011, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That's funny.  I'll admit to having had my kids pee by the car before, but we never did have a poop!  That would be something to deal with!

Tjej

#4 of 14 Old 10-18-2011, 07:20 PM

Lol.  This has happened to me, except DS was 10 mos old so the poop was easy to pick up, and we were in the parking lot of a deserted gas station.  I knew he had to poop, we just didn't have the option to take him inside anywhere!  

Hey, it's not like you took her potty on someone's lawn! lol.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#5 of 14 Old 10-19-2011, 08:09 PM

We had this experience a few times until DS got into an am poo routine. Just washed it away with a big water bottle I always have in the car. Nobody ever saw, thankfully!

"That's the way it is, if that's the way it seems to you."

"Cosi e se vi pare."

Luigi Pirandello

#6 of 14 Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 PM

Just want to let you know that I'm still laughing at this image.  I can totally picture the noise that you made when you realized what was going on.  Where are you?  Laughing at you isn't nearly as fun if I'm not also laughing with you.  :)  I keep re-reading this post and giggling.  MWUH!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#7 of 14 Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post

Just want to let you know that I'm still laughing at this image.  I can totally picture the noise that you made when you realized what was going on.  Where are you?  Laughing at you isn't nearly as fun if I'm not also laughing with you.  :)  I keep re-reading this post and giggling.  MWUH!

lol, I'm here laughing too. love.gif I have to admit, I'm glad that I'm not the only one...Sheepish.gif Here I am ecing without a license and all...upsidedown.gif Maybe I SHOULD do some of that reading. loveeyes.gif I just keep seeing in my head a picture I saw of a lady happily peeing her daughter off of the balcony of her house. I guess that's the picture I had in my head when I tried it. Look how happy they were! Well, what if her daughter had pooped? I never thought about it until...OH NO! haha. Glad you're laughing WITH me. orngbiggrin.gif

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#8 of 14 Old 10-22-2011, 10:53 PM

Tear!  I feel so out of the loop.  Huge congratulations to you and your DH on your DD!

Anyway, it has happened to me not once but 3 times! blush.gif 

I even keep a potty in the car but DS prefers to pee standing and often prefers to poop standing too (will wait until pants are off but will not sit down on the potty).

Once I managed to grab the potty and hold it behind him and caught most of it, once he had on flipped down ecapants which caught most of it, and the last time it got on the car, his legs, and the ground, so we cleaned him and the car up, then my DH moved the car. lol.gif

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#9 of 14 Old 10-23-2011, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Maybe throw down a "just-in-case" wipe/tissue/newspaper before eliminating on any surfaces where poop would be awkward.....DS watered our tires many-a times, but never made a more significant deposit. LOL!

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#10 of 14 Old 10-23-2011, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

lol, oh that makes me feel a lot better! That must have been just yucky! Thanks for the congrats, and it's GREAT to see you! love.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#11 of 14 Old 10-24-2011, 04:19 PM

i always just dispersed it with water from my water bottle and wipes if necessary. If there is a bush or something nearby that might be better but definately keep a potty in the car, solves a lot of problems.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#12 of 14 Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 AM

When my sister was visiting us last year it happened at least twice and she had a name for it! It was the 'unexpected discharge'!    It happened once to us too when DS had diarhea - very unexpected!

#13 of 14 Old 10-31-2011, 05:39 PM

We just keep a little potty in the car.  DD has pooped in it several times.  A total lifesaver!  She's pooped in the funniest places! 

#14 of 14 Old 11-04-2011, 04:04 PM

I ALWAYS cue over a plastic bag (a wet disposable diaper works in a pinch if we are using sposies on the outing).  I just hold it down with rocks or similar handy objects if it's a windy day.  Yes, the bag gets thrown away if it gets peed in too--it's not a perfect system--but it does prevent any embarrassing accidents.

The other day I saw a couple of Chinese ladies sitting on a park bench next to the path...  where business people pass by on their lunch break... they had young babies and one mom was pooping her baby onto the dirt path for the longest time.  They just sat there and chatted with the baby's butt out for all to see and the poop hanging out of the babies bottom.  I didn't want to stare but when they left the poop had somehow been cleaned up.  I always try to find a discreet corner.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page