Is it normal for a 4 month old to have really yellow urine? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last night I noticed his urine was really yellow (not neon!!) and I wonder if it is ok??  I think it's usually clear. I pee him over the toilet usually but caught a pee in his bblp and notices this. It's still yellow today. 

Hes ebf and he wears cloth diapers. He's uncirc and I'm all nervous bc I googled and improper wiping and baths can cause bladder infection!!! He doesn't have any other signs at all 

Hes also teething. He has been super fussy for 2 days in a row- besides me cheating with candy and having champagne over nye nothing has changed. 

#2 of 4 Old 01-05-2012, 11:52 AM

Have you recently started taking B Complex vitamins?  That makes my pee neon, and my daughter's when I was nursing her.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#3 of 4 Old 01-05-2012, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

I've even having raw juice and I've been taking my vitamins (whole food ones) which I have been forgetting to take the last month. I've been eating sweet potatoes too ... Like 2 a day bc I crave them!

I just take (supplements) muti whole food superfood vitamins, codliver oil &butteroil, and vit d ... 

#4 of 4 Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 PM

also if you normally catch it in the toilet and then get one in the bblp, it won't be diluted and you may simply notice the yellow color more? I notice that my DD (2m) pee seems to vary in color during the day and I do wonder if my vitamin and what I eat affects it, also how long since she last peed, etc. VERY dark pee could be a sign of dehydration or other problems but I'd imagine a baby that was sick or dehydrated wouldn't be behaving normally either.

dissertating mom to three

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page