Getting a regressing grad back on track - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-11-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here is a story that might be helpful sometime to anyone with a boy who you thought was a grad, and then, not:

DS is 20 mo, and had been self-initiating his own pottying since 18 mo. Just when I finally thought enough time had passed that I could consider him a grad, he started to hold it for so long the pee would start to leak out. At first I thought he might have a UTI or something, and I took him in for a culture, but all was clean (they were amazed I could get a "clean catch" without a catheter- yay EC!). He would get irritated and deny deny deny if I tried to suggest he needed to pee, so I was having to (take my own advice- so tough!) just try very hard to relax and not worry about the dribbles. Then one day after a couple of weeks of this, he happened to put a rock in his little urinal, and was instantly intrigued- he peed on the rock, very pleased with himself. So I put a rock in each of his little potties. He can't resist it- he sees a rock in there, and he starts to wonder if he can hit it with his stream! He won't sit on the potties to pee anymore- he stands over them and aims at the rocks- it makes a little more overshoot mess, but at least he is not witholding pee anymore:)... and he is so happy with himself for hitting the rocks- boys will be boys- lol

"That's the way it is, if that's the way it seems to you."

"Cosi e se vi pare."

Luigi Pirandello

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page