Suddenly pooping her pants... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-12-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD is 10 months old and we've been ECing since the beginning. While we've gone through phases with pee, we almost ALWAYS caught poo.  Until about a week or so ago, when, despite lots of potty/toilet opportunities, she is suddenly pooping her pants. She doesn't seem bothered, and I almost feel like after doing it a few times she figures it is somehow easier....;) I'm guessing the answer to this is that it is a phase. It's too bad, since with EC, I always felt pretty great about the no poopy diapers thing and now I find myself feeling like we are back at the beginning. (I know this is no way to think, and I of course NEVER make a deal about it or anything.) Any suggestions? She sometimes resists the potty, but I do the general things to try and cope with that, and she is still peeing in the potty/toilet. I'm sure, as before, this is just a time to wait and it will change, but I always like to feel like I am doing something.

#2 of 4 Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 PM

Hmmm, yes, I think it's likely just a phase.  DS went through a really short phase of pooping in his pants around the same age as your DD and it only lasted a week or two and we had maybe 5 or 6 misses in that time, which was actually unheard of as we have been almost 100% on poops since DS was maybe 4 mos old!  I decided at the time he was just "trying it out".  He's now 19 mos and I don't think we've had even one poop miss since that little "expiramental" phase.  If I caught him part way through I'd run him to the toilet. 

Fingers crossed for you it's a short lived thing for your DD!  Good luck!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#3 of 4 Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for that. Poop on the potty this morning. :) ....sounds very similar to your experience, so yes, fingers crossed! I've been trying to offer interesting distractions so she will sit for a bit, when I think she has to go. 

#4 of 4 Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Also, my motto is "when in doubt, blame it on teeth."  Even if it wasn't the case, it always made me feel better to blame it on something totally out of my control!  :)

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page