outdoor spring/summer EC wear - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-21-2012, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What do your CRAWLING babies wear on the bottom half spring/summer? I'm sure naked could be great sometimes, but when you do want something on, what do you choose? This winter I'd been using a lot of thrifted wool sweater pants - both split and normal with underwear. Thinking they will likely be too warm. Last summer DD was a babe in arms and we did lots of dresses but this year she will be crawling. Anybody make split crotch pants out of woven cotton? not great for misses, I'm sure, but maybe they would be good for crawling and easy potty opportunities. Or maybe t-shirt material? Asking now because I make a lot of DD's clothes and want to get a start on something. Any suggestions? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 08:08 PM

I just cut the crotch seam out of hand me down or thrifted cotton leggings to make split crotch pants. Works great. The tightness of the fit keeps the pants in the right place and they don't fray. But if you want to sew from scratch, I've read you can use an elastic waist pants pattern but overlap the waistband and leave the crotch open. I think I read it on the tribal baby blog. My lo isn't crawling yet but I figured just a non waterproof pull on trainer and tee-shirt would do it when she isn't naked. I guess she will need something to protect her knees at the park though. Maybe just regular pants or babylegs and just bring a change? I definitely want what she wears to be breathable.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:32 AM

My crawlers wore t-shirts and gerber trainers around the house when they had clothes on. Light capris from t shirt material when the wore pants. I just changed them when they were wet.

The current baby I will probably make him some shorts/trainers as the summer wears on.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

thanks. Should have said my main thought was for outside. We live in the country and will be outside a lot!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:06 AM

My kids never liked to crawl in the grass, they did more cruising or a bear crawl up on their feet when we were outside. Their knees never got scratched up from crawling, tho.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1

Tags
Elimination Communication
User Tag List