nonbranded animals underpants - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-04-2012, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm trying to find some underpants for my son that have animals on them--but not Spongebob or Toy Story underpants. We don't watch TV. He has ZERO clue who those characters are, or any attachment to them. We've been using the Blueberry training pants (which we LOOOVE), but we're about ready to move to normal undies. With the trainers, we have the giraffe print and the elephants print, and he knows that if he pees in them, he can't wear them anymore that day. It's been really helpful to say, "Let's go to the potty so your giraffes stay dry!" I'd love to find some underwear that could offer the same incentive for staying dry. Has anyone seen this kind of thing around?

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

#2 of 7 Old 05-05-2012, 05:11 PM

I got generic princess undies for DD at wal mart and I think the boys' equivalent had monkeys. In the 5 pack, 2 were prints and 3 were solid with a princess so I think the monkey pack would be similar. They were 2t but fit my 22 lb 13 month old just fine. Those were the only ones I recall seeing but I didn't look elsewhere. At least it's something :-)
#3 of 7 Old 05-06-2012, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

I'll have to check into that. Thanks!

#4 of 7 Old 05-14-2012, 10:09 PM

We found some 3-packs of Gerber undies (the package called them trainers because they have an extra layer of cotton in the crotch, but really, they are just slightly thick undies) with dinosaurs on them.  The other two in the pack were stripes and solid.  Hannah Andersson might have some good options as well, though they would be a lot more expensive.

Mama to a sweet little redheaded girl, born 11/09; and my HBAC baby, little brother, born 7/12.

#5 of 7 Old 05-31-2012, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I've had some sucess with the T shirt transfer paper, I was sceptical about how long it would last but it seems to have held up OK. (Though I don't use a drier)

You can print you own pictures with an inkjet printer then you iron them onto cotton clothing. You can only put the paper through the printer once I think so I did lots of little images on one sheet them cut them out before ironing on.Oh and don't forget you'll en up with a mirror image of what you printed so you may want to flip things over before printing them out.

#6 of 7 Old 05-31-2012, 05:16 AM

Yeah, making your own might be easiest. We use freezer paper stenciling all the time. My DD has undies with such random things as lightening, her name and a blue ring octopus.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#7 of 7 Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Hm, I might try freezer paper stencil. My printer is kind of iffy these days...

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page