Mothering Forum banner

Travel with no water

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  luckypirahna 
#1 ·
I seem to have stumbled upon ECing a bit. My 8 month old has pooped only in her little baby bjorn for a couple of weeks now, which is great! We are traveling for a few weeks in a few weeks and for part of the time we will be somewhere with no water except what we cart in. There will be porta potties there. I'm trying to figure out the best way to provide her with a potty during that time. (oh, and our packing space is super tight) The baby bjorn will take up some space, and washing it out after she uses it would be a bit difficult. I was thinking a folding seat to go on the porta potty might work, but not 100% on that. For information sake she is a small girl, 15 lbs or so.

Any wisdom? :)

#2 ·
There are some travel potties thaT may help. I got a safety first one at Walmart that folds up a bit, seat can be used as a reducer on a toilet and bowl is collapsible. There is the added option of removing the bowl and using ziplock bags which you can discard. At least that would help with not having to clean the bowl. I know some moms like the potette model but I haven't seen it in person and it doesn't have a bowl. It may be lighter or smaller than the one I got and with the bags it may work for your needs. Just a couple of ideas :).
I started DD at 11 months and she is not at all willing to be held over a toilet or sit on one. This girl likes to have her feet planted firmly on the ground lol.
Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you :))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.