Babybjorn Little Potty no longer available? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't find the Baby Bjorn available online, I think the vendor is discontinuing it. Any recommendations for a similiar size potty? My DD is 3 months and not liking the newborn hold over the toilet or sink, I'll keep trying it though.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Apparently I wasn't doing the newborn hold correctly. I was holding her ankles and supporting her back, in a cradle position. I just held her thighs with her leaning against me and she peed in the toilet while I made the cuing noise!!! Woohoo!!

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 05-29-2012, 12:16 PM

Yay! Glad you got the hold down! The BBLP is discontinued. I believe EC Store still has a few left in pink though. I can't personally recommend any little potty because the one I used (the BabyWunder clear potty) was also discontinued! But it looks like the Ikea potty is really cheap, and I have also seen people online say good things about the bumbo potty and the babybjorn smart potty IIRC.

Besides our BabyWunder potty, we also used a small seat that attached to the toilet, old school wooden potty chairs, and the little boy urinal that attaches to the toilet. They all worked well at different ages and stages. I think the more you can get it right in the toilet though, the easier it is. No extra steps in cleaning out a potty. 

EC so easy with ecaPants!! ~the flip down, drop front, little learning pants

Check out FB for updates, 'seconds' sales, deal announcements, etc smile.gif

Old 05-29-2012, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

That is such a bummer...we love our little potty, best one we've had in all these years. Glad I still have it! 

The Ikea looks nice but they don't ship. Wonder about the Becopotty... Has anyone used those? 

Old 05-29-2012, 01:26 PM

My baby doesn't like the ikea potty, the edges of the bowl are less rounded. The bowl itself is more rounded and easier to spill.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 05-29-2012, 01:30 PM

The BB smart potty doesn't look bad. We have all their other potties, the removable bowl is nice sometimes.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

What did you think would work with a 3 month old? I obvisously would be holding her up and supporting her but she might feel more comfortable and relaxed closer to the ground on something smaller than a adult sized toilet.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 PM

We have used the toilet and a toilet insert and a BBLP from about 2 months, but our 6 month old is enormous. The 1 month old is still always in arms. Here's a link to pictures when DS was 5 weeks but everything is still the same besides the wipes bucket.
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1333233/elimination-communication/20#post_16781854

Tags
Elimination Communication
User Tag List