You know you practise EC when... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-28-2012, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
  • you catch yourself asking your 1 month old (lovingly) "what are you doing peeing in your diaper??"
  • in the midst of being eliminated on you relax and cue them instead of startling in disgust and rushing off to the nearest shower.

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#2 of 14 Old 07-30-2012, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

You know how to remove a urine smell from every type of surface or covering known to man.  love.gif

pickle18 likes this.

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#3 of 14 Old 08-02-2012, 10:24 AM

You see a baby kicking and say, "She needs to pee."

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#4 of 14 Old 08-02-2012, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Someone wants to help you out by holding your baby, and you refuse, fearing baby might pee on them. 

#5 of 14 Old 08-02-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post

Someone wants to help you out by holding your baby, and you refuse, fearing baby might pee on them. 

Haha, yes! I usually say, "He's not wearing a diaper, If you're cool with that..." My 9 month old doesn't pee on me, but for some reason one friend is fair game.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#6 of 14 Old 08-25-2012, 05:39 PM

- people are surprised to see your baby with pants on:). (not in public, of course)

- people think it's weird that you suggest that another reason why their baby is waking up is to pee or poop

-when talking about potty training and moms say that they can't get their LO to sit on a potty, I suggest nursing on the potty. This one really freaks some people out:). But, babies eliminate in diapers all the time while nursing...makes sense to me. In fact, I can't imagine not nursing my babe on the pot - she wouldn't sit still long enough to go either:)
#7 of 14 Old 08-25-2012, 06:08 PM

You sell your diaper stash when your baby is 4 months old because you just don't need it

Your inlaws think you are an alien because you buy your baby a potty for their first Christmas.

You don't want to drive anywhere for fear you might have a miss.

Your toddler doesn't sleep through the night because they wake you up when they need to pee.

Fun thread!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#8 of 14 Old 08-25-2012, 06:12 PM

Oh, another one...

A friend complains to you about removing stains from diaper blow-outs, and you think the easiest solution is just not to use diapers in the first place.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#9 of 14 Old 08-25-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdeg View Post

You know how to remove a urine smell from every type of surface or covering known to man.  love.gif

This is so true!

Haha - I was going to say...you go to PetSmart regularly for jugs of enzymatic urine cleaner...but you don't have any pets. orngbiggrin.gif

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#10 of 14 Old 09-03-2012, 07:33 PM

...you rush someone else's baby (who happens to have a severe case of diaper rash) who is straining to the potty thinking they just have to poop (let's just say, my one attempt did not work!)

...you find it strange that your friends don't want to try it, despite knowing that your child has made only 15 or so poopy diapers in the entire 20 months it took him to become potty trained

...you have no need for a diaper sprayer and are thankful to only rarely have to deal with poop

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#11 of 14 Old 09-12-2012, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

You  forget to bring a back up diaper in case of , lets say, a music class.  Fortunately, baby pees just beforehand......

#12 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 12:40 PM

you still gag when you have to change a dirty diaper or pants even though your child is a toddler. (i am repulsed by a dirty diaper like someone who has never had to change one before)

#13 of 14 Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchamom View Post

you still gag when you have to change a dirty diaper or pants even though your child is a toddler. (i am repulsed by a dirty diaper like someone who has never had to change one before)

me too!  this one is my favorite.  I've tried babysitting for friends babies over the years, but I couldn't handle the poopy diapers - so gross!  

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

#14 of 14 Old 10-13-2012, 09:27 PM

Me too! I just watched a friend's baby and almost puked at the poop. My son is only 18 months, but hasn't pooped in a diaper in quite some time.

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page