infant potty for a boy - including at night - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-08-2012, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We did EC with our daughter and it was overall, very successful.  We are expecting a boy in October and I plan to start right away.  Last time I did a lot of night pottying because our daughter always woke up when she needed to pee.  So I would hold her and nurse her while holding a small insert between my legs for her to pee into.  I think it was like the insert in this one - the very middle cup part.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Gotta-Go-Now-Travel-Potty-and-Trainer-Green/20563936

I was wondering if anyone has experience doing this with a boy?  I need a new small potty either way.  Will a boy miss in one like this that doesn't have the raised lip thing in the front?  http://continuum-family.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_30&products_id=196

mother of 2, wife, daughter, lawyer, toddler wearing, extended breastfeeding, ec-ing, water birthing....

#2 of 4 Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Bumping for inout. Anyone have advice to share?

#3 of 4 Old 08-14-2012, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I had the potty bowl for DD2 and DS2, they were easy to sit between my legs when I was sitting cross-legged.  I just had to be careful about positioning the baby, it was easy for them to scoot too far forward and pee over the edge.  I had more of a problem with DD2 missing than DS2, it was easier to point DS2 down into the bowl and make sure the aim was good.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#4 of 4 Old 08-16-2012, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought I replied to this.  

We used a little bowl for a long time, just tip it back so pee will go in.  Boys all have different anatomy, so what works for one boy might not work for another (ex, my oldest had a straight stream, DS2 shoots up and to the right and DS3 shoots straight back at himself when he's twisted the wrong way). You may find yourself aiming him to get it in there or it might go in the pot all by itself (I used to just put a finger in front of the middle guy's penis to avoid having to wash the walls).

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page