potty for infant boy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We did EC with our daughter and it was overall, very successful.  We are expecting a boy in October and I plan to start right away.  Last time I did a lot of night pottying because our daughter always woke up when she needed to pee.  So I would hold her and nurse her while holding a small insert between my legs for her to pee into.  I think it was like the insert in this one - the very middle cup part.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Gotta-Go-Now-Travel-Potty-and-Trainer-Green/20563936

I was wondering if anyone has experience doing this with a boy?  I need a new small potty either way.  Will a boy miss in one like this that doesn't have the raised lip thing in the front?  http://continuum-family.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_30&products_id=196

mother of 2, wife, daughter, lawyer, toddler wearing, extended breastfeeding, ec-ing, water birthing....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We use the insert from a baby Bjorn potty chair for our 3 month old at night. It does have a lip. I've not used the hat shaped potty with a boy because I passed mine on after my daughter. The family I passed it to used it with their son. I know it works but I don't have direct experience with it.

We have used everything with our boys. Buckets, potties, bowls, bottles, empty wipes container, trees. We just tip the container back to avoid overspray. I think the toilet had the sharpest learning curve.

Good luck and congratulations.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1

Tags
Elimination Communication
User Tag List