Wool sleep sack for EC toddler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-28-2012, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this on the diapering forum and didn't get any replies. Maybe it's more of an EC thing, not a diapering thing so maybe some of you EC mamas might have feedback. Thanks in advance:

I know it's only August but I'm trying to plan for the winter. My DD is not quite 17 months old and I started to EC her part time at 11 months and switched from full time sposies to full time cloth at 12 months. Last winter she was in overnight sposies, pjs and a sleepsack and I just nursed her down at night. Now she wakes up to pee on the potty and is usually dry until I get there unless I'm delayed. Right now she sleeps in a light shirt and a fitted diap, with no cover - usually on an absorbent mat (to save me stripping the bed if I don't reach her in time). This works well since I can whip off the diaper and plop her on the potty very quickly. Once the weather gets cold though, I'll have to cover her bottom half. I have a few pairs of legwarmers which would be a good start but she will need something more. The sleep sacks we got last year were great! They unzipped down the middle so I had easy access when I did need to change her and they kept her warm. This year I plan to use my mother ease fitteds with a bamboo doubler as backup, a long sleeved shirt and legwarmers inside a wool sleep sack. I figure I can whip off the sleepsack and diaper, plop her on the potty, set up the next diaper in the sleepsack and nurse her back down while I wrap her up again. Does this sound doable? Does anyone else use wool sleep sacks? Are they any good for toddlers? Would the moisture saturate the legwarmers or wick through the shirt? I got a good 100% wool sweater second hand to make my sleepsack - should I use it to make loose long pants instead and use a traditional sleepsack on top of that? Any input is greatly appreciated :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 AM

* bump *

I don't have anything to help, but would be interested in responses.  Not sure what we're going to do for DS in winter (literally cannot remember last winter, so that's no help headscratch.gif) - he hates blankets - probably wool longies.  Anyway, hope someone sees this soon!

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#3 of 3 Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 AM

Our boys sleep under covers with us, but we are camping this weekend and I worried about cold so both boys have a wool nightgown (the body of a sweater) and leg warmers (sleeves of different sweaters that will be tucked into their belts).

I think nightgowns are very traditional for toddlers. I won't worry about closing the bottoms if they wear these in the winter.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1

Tags
Elimination Communication

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page