the baby who cried "Pee!" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 17 month old has been telling me she needs to pee (either by saying "pee" or clutching at her pants and saying "ehn, ehn") for about a month. It's great. The thing I'm noticing now is there are false alarms. In bed at night, when I think what she really wants is to get up, she will sometimes indicate. Same thing with the early morning (AFTER she has already just been up to pee). And occasionally when we are out and with other people, I think she tells me she has to pee because she wants me to pick her up and take her away from the group a little. I tend to give her the benefit of the doubt, of course, but sometimes when we have JUST been and she has JUST peed I'm pretty sure she doesn't need to go. Not sure exactly how to handle that situation and what to say. When we are out, I try to think about what she may want, as I said, which is a little alone time, and give her that, but obviously when it's bedtime and she just wants to get up, we can't do that. I find myself saying "I don't think you have to pee, we just peed." but does anybody have a better idea? 

#2 of 4 Old 10-20-2012, 10:49 AM

My 19mo has been doing this too!! So annoying. Especially in public. I too am curious about how to remedy the situation. we have so many false alarms every day. I am very frustrated with it.

#3 of 4 Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 AM

For bedtime, bring a potty into the bedroom, so she doesn't get to go out to pee.  It will lose it's charm quickly.  

My 11 month old does pee twice most mornings, about 20 minutes apart.

Out and about, I don't know. Maybe she has to pee when she feels nervous? My oldest is 9 and still does.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#4 of 4 Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

i discovered that she likes to tour peoples bathrooms. ;) We go the first "pee", and then if there is another one right away I say "We just peed" and find a distraction, or quite space or something, and generally that makes her happy. I don't mind taking her a bit more frequently.

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page