Brilliant! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't know who it was on here that mentioned the idea of reading "potty" books to your kids, but it was a BRILLIANT idea (for our family at least)!  My 2 yr + 2mo old daughter has been in and out of paying enough attention to get to the potty in time.  She was great at getting to the potty herself at 18 months, but then we traveled to visit family and I was nervous enough about everyone's carpets that I started inadvertently taking charge again and asking too frequently.  So she stopped initiating in time and just hadn't quite gotten back to caring enough again to do it.  So last week, I went to the library and got out 3 potty related books that she just loves (especially a really ridiculous one about "duck" who wears diapers...come on, really?  But she loves it).  And now she seems somewhat back on track again.  HOORAY!  Thanks for the great idea, whoever you were :)

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#2 of 5 Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's SO great!!! joy.gif I'm so happy for you! My DD is 20 months old and initiates for poo and some pee. I was thinking of kick starting her a bit by ditching diapers but between the cold weather and the yuckiness of first trimester pregnancy, I just can't take it at the moment. I definitely aim to do so in a couple of months but right now I'm in survival mode. I'm very happy for you and hope DD becomes a grad soon smile.gif
#3 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 04:22 PM

Lol- my DS still loves that Duck book, even though he's been a grad for a year. I am always surprised how much he still enjoys potty books- even when we are not on the potty! But then I still think poop jokes are funny, so....

"That's the way it is, if that's the way it seems to you."

"Cosi e se vi pare."

Luigi Pirandello

#4 of 5 Old 12-23-2012, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

How fun that you had the same book!  I almost didn't get it because I thought "oh please...a duck in diapers?  really?" but she loved it.  It was her fave of the bunch (over Mr. Rogers' book!).  Thinking poop jokes are funny is a great response to having kids, I've found... :)

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#5 of 5 Old 01-14-2013, 05:32 PM

same here for that duck book! DD has never been found of the potty, and exclusively uses the toilet (or outside during warmer weather!) but hoping to interest her in the potty I got that book too, and she's really into it. 

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page