Cluster Poops - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been ECing my peanut since about a week old and have had varying success at it. I'm mostly relying on timing now as I don't have the "signals" worked out yet. She's 3 weeks currently and has started what I'm calling cluster pooping. She will start squirming that she's going to get up and I take her to the bathroom to EC her. I have a "catch" right away (within seconds) then I clean her up, and put her diaper on. Then like 5 mins later (sometime less) she blows up her diaper. She does this ever so often, I'm not sure if I should even try to catch all her poop or just be happy with the first catch and hope that eventually she wont poop in clusters any more. Does anyone else have this issue?

#2 of 7 Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM

That's how my baby poops, too.  I'd say catch what you can and don't stress about what you miss. Maybe you could try the "top hat" or some other pants-free-in-lap system if you think she's going to have a string of poops.

#3 of 7 Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 AM

So you never know when it's coming, is that it? Is there a bowl or something you could assign usage for pottying her in your lap for those moments, if you don't think you can make it back to the bathroom? Maybe after you've taken her the one time, cradle her in your arms with the bowl underneath her so you can try and catch it that way? Otherwise I agree. Don't worry so much about it. The liquidy stage can be so difficult!

#4 of 7 Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure when she's going to have a cluster poop or just a single and I don't want to just hang her over the sink all day just in case. I'll have to try the top hat. I haven't experiment with anything outside of holding her over the sink so this will be a good time to expand my horizons.
#5 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM

I thought they all went like that. When ours were little we would hold them for the poop, clean them up, hold for another poop, clean, repeat until the poop was done. Wiping stimulates more poo. We usually got 3 poops before they were done.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#6 of 7 Old 01-13-2013, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

How would you know they were done? Am I just over thinking this? Also, she gets fed up when I hold her there too long and my arms get tired.

#7 of 7 Old 01-14-2013, 04:34 PM

I was impatient and generally went, "3 is plenty, there can't be anything left!" The wiping really sped things up for us.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page