looking for a small a comfortable potty - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am about to birth my second baby. We loved to use the babybjorn lil potty with DS1. It is now discontinued and we have already given ours away. It lookss like the Smart Potty is too big.

We practiced EC part-time with DS1 since he was 1month old. We held him over the BBLP when he was very small and, little by little, as he gained control of his body, he grew to sit by himself while "reading" his board books.

It was so ergonomic, it seemed so comfortable. Its small and rounded seat seemed to even help DS1 to sit very stable. Still, no no no, I am not paying $50/$60 dollars for it, now.

I am now looking for a little potty that can be as comfortable as that one. Any suggestions?

I have the Ikea potty but the seat is way too flat compared. DS1 actually dislikes it. We even had a set back when we replaced the BBLP for the Ikea before we found something that he liked again (a frog potty). If curious, we left the BBLP behind during an international trip, packing our full bags a couple of hours before the flight, I just gave it to my sister in law to pass it on.

Please tell me if you have a potty that you love for your younger baby

Married toguitar.gifstillheart.gif, Mom to angel.gif 02/00, DSrainbow1284.gif blahblah.gif 02/10,  babyboy.gifpos.gif 02/13 and cat.gif07/96 delayedvax.gifgd.gifsigncirc1.giffly-by-nursing1.gifcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM

I agree with you about the ikea potty.

We have found really cheap potties at $1 stores that are shaped kind of like the baby bjorn. We also use the insert from a potty chair, which I'm guessing is a lot like the insert from a smart potty. We just hold our small guy over it.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM

Our LO didn't like the bblp. Never used it. We started EC at 3 months and usually used the bb throne. Once he could walk (about 9 months), though, he developed a preference for potties he could easily get onto, which meant the throne was out. His favorites since then have been the bb smart potty and the froggie potty. Froggie is the only one wise splash guard is high enough for little boys, ime--I like the look of the bob smart potty and Z finds it the most comfortable, but we have to be careful about positioning to avoid splashes.

Tags
Elimination Communication
User Tag List