late start ec with 10.5 month old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-28-2013, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We recently seriously started trying to practice ex with my 10.5 month old son. He's been in cloth diapers since birth, I always have tried to associate a word every time I noticed him trying to per or poop, and we change him frequently so he wasn't used to sitting in wetness. However once we stopped wearing diapers and I tried to get him onto a potty he started protesting. He cries and arches whenever I sit him on a baby Bjorn potty or hold him in various positions over a potty sink or tub (he cries and arches during diaper changes as well). I'm not really sure how to proceed as he seems to just hate it. Once I put him down he happily crawls away and pres a minute later. I'm open to suggestions. On a positive note he now stops and looks down at his penis before he pees.
#2 of 5 Old 03-31-2013, 06:26 AM

Just keep talking about it. Between crawling and walking seems to be the hardest time for babies to sit still on the potty. My middle boy really liked the bathtub, so at that age I would let him stand in the tub to go. He now happily uses the toilet like everyone else and is learning to sit himself on the potty. It's just a stage.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#3 of 5 Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 PM

Has he ever watched you eliminating in the toilet?

I remember the first time we caught our son's pee, we all went to the bathroom and my husband showed him how to pee in the toilet bowl while I was holding him.  Then his pee started to come out!  It was amazing.  Babies like to imitate us.

www.tinyundiesny.com

cotton underpants for babies 3 months and up

#4 of 5 Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

He has seen both his father and I go though he doesn't seem to pay much attention. We try to keep talking to him about it though. Now I can't decide if its better to keep him out of diapers or not. Some days aren't so bad but other days its like he pees 10 times an hour with no warning. smile.gif
#5 of 5 Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 PM

The good days will start adding up before you know it. Think of it this way, every elimination you catch is one less diaper to wash or throw away. Every time you miss it's a opportunity to fine tune your ability to understand your child's cues.

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page