hello again ECing for the second time - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was here a few years ago with my first, and I'm back now with my new born. I'm enjoying this journey a lot more this time because I have more experience, and because I have no attachment to an outcome. 

Things are going well, his cues are clear and he seems to hold it if I can't respond for a couple minutes. Ironically my 3.5 yo has started holding his in till he nearly goes in his pants finally resulting in a bit of poo in his undies today. He keeps saying it's because going to the bathroom takes too long. I have some concerns for the health risks and wonder if it has more to do with having a baby in the house.

Anyone want to share stories etc about ECing siblings? 

Have any of your children used elimination as a form of getting attention?

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-23-2013, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I had my second child my first child was 4 years old. He hadn't had an accident since he was 2.5 years old, yet when the new baby came home he pooped in his bed! Quite a shocker for us. It didn't last long at all, luckily. But I have heard it is quite common for older siblings to start having accidents when a new baby comes around. 

Hopefully it will pass soon, but maybe in the meantime try to make where he goes potty a little different or exciting? Maybe he won't mind the wait if he has something new to do. 

And congrats on ECing number 2! I always imagine I would be much more relaxed if I had another child and EC'd again.

EC so easy with ecaPants!! ~the flip down, drop front, little learning pants

Check out FB for updates, 'seconds' sales, deal announcements, etc smile.gif

Tags
Elimination Communication

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page