New to EC - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-18-2014, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I am extremely new to this website and EC. I heard about EC through some local moms and know the basic idea of it. Regardless, I hadn't put much thought into it until our LO got the worst diaper rash ever. I decided that we would let him run around naked to help his rash, and then it dawned on me that this may be a good opportunity to learn and try EC. I have been reading The Diaper-Free Baby and doing some research online. LO will be 1 year on Thursday and wears disposable diapers. We are trying to work with what we have at home with the exception of a toilet seat in the bathroom. It is feasible to let him be naked most of the time because we have mostly hard floors and a carpet cleaner for the rugs. So far what I have learned is that he does not know/remember the sensation of peeing, he is fascinated with the bathroom, enjoys playing, reading, and singing on his new toilet seat, and will pee in the ergo when worn (long story) without fuss. I did catch him midpee tonight before bed. I told him he was peeing and I think he kind of freaked a little. I picked him up, went to his bathroom, sat him on the toilet, and we started reading. He relaxed enough that he started going. I talked to him some more about what he was doing and how proud I was, but I think he was more interested in his book. So that is all within the last day and a half. So if anyone has any advice or resources to recommend, I am all ears. TIA!

#2 of 3 Old 02-21-2014, 07:55 PM

Welcome! I saw there were no responses to this and I think it might be because it sounds like you've got it all together smile.gif My only suggestion might be to get a basket together with rags for cleaning up misses. It won't take long before you get into your own groove. How have your last couple days gone?

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#3 of 3 Old 02-21-2014, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Everything is going good so far. We have had several catches on the toilet, but I don't think he notices when he has to go yet. We do naked time starting after breakfast and go until I run out of mattress pads or need a break from cleaning it up. We have gotten pretty comfortable on the toilet. Two days ago we got 95% of his poop in the toilet. He is definitely taking more interest in the toilet. My hubby and I are happy with the process so far. I just hope the sensation of peeing clicks soon.

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page