Diaper at night-stay dry? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-11-2014, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What to do at night? I use a gmd fitted with wool cover. Ds doesn't wake up if diaper is wet, he does nurse through the night though smile.gif
I don't know if it's better for him to feel the wet diaper at night or use a wool liner so he doesn't. I don't even like the idea of wet against the skin so usually use a fuz bunz when we run longer errands, which probably messes things up regarding pee=wet, but we're not at the point of ec when out yet.
I'm not trying no diaper. We bed share, not sure how it would work out. He's soaked each morning, and he pottys around 11 at night. Most nights I can get him to go before putting a night diaper on him, but others he gets mad and will cry, so I just diaper, nurse and off to bed.
I used fb's on our others at night, they never minded being wet, even though we ecd them too. I prefer the breatheability of the cotton and wool though. I would go diaper free at night if I figured out a way we'd all stay dry smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

With my first son (ECed part time from 2 mo), I used fleece liners in nighttime dipes and made sure they were pretty thick to avoid leaks.

My stance with my boys was that if I wasn't going to take the time to make sure they pottied in the early morning hours ('cause I was pretty comatose at that time :wink ) then I'd make sure their skin stayed as dry as possible.

Of course, I soon realized when oldest was a little over a year, that he was getting up in the morning and sitting on the potty at the end of the bed and peeing into his diaper.   He was always a little confused why there was nothing in the potty :eyesroll   After that, I just let him sleep nakey, and once my younger one was at a similar mobile stage, he slept nakey as well :thumb

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
Old 03-11-2014, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, at three in the morning I'm gone to the world smile.gif ds is not even four months yet though. I'm wondering as he gets older, figuring out night pee will get easier.

Tags
Elimination Communication
User Tag List