5wk old EC boy stopping his stream - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-14-2014, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

My husband and I have been ECing with our son since he was about 2weeks old--he communicated so clearly right from the start that I actually caught a poo on his first day of life and a pee the first week before reading "Diaper Free" and intentionally cueing him.

I'd say we tend to catch about 60% of the time, keeping him mostly in cloth diapers and taking off when he cues us for potty time.

In the past week he seems to have discovered that he has the ability to stop his stream and often now he will pee only a tiny bit after cueing us. He will fuss if we hold him longer, even thought it is clear he still has more peeing to do, so we will diaper him and he then will end up peeing the rest in his diaper a short while later.

Just wondering if this is a normal stage of development? And if there is anything other than what we are doing that could be helpful?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-14-2014, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

yeah, that sounds pretty common. We were using a small potty (a Baby Bjorn) pretty much from the start and I would find a way to comfortably seat them and then distract (or nurse) so they'd relax and not play games. But, really, it's likely a pretty short phase and continuing to follow his cues and changing wet close asap is going to work out fine =)

newmama2b likes this.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)

Tags
Elimination Communication

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page