A little intro - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-05-2004, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I started out on the diaper board but we've had a surprise interest in EC

Tues was our wedding anniversary and we left Shefali, 8 mo, with my MIL and went to a movie for the first time since her birth. Well...came back and MIL had EC'd Shefali! She told me she thought I did EC. In their culture (India) they EC all the babes. So we decided to go for it! We got a baby bjorn potty and in the last 2 days she's gone 4 or 5 times in the potty and 4 or 5 times in the sink. We're so excited! She's not going there every time by any means but it seems like a start. I have lots and lots to learn and look forward to getting to know you all!

-Jyothi and Shefali
#2 of 7 Old 08-05-2004, 11:28 PM

Congratulations - on EC and the anniversary!

Tuesday was our wedding anniversary, too.
#3 of 7 Old 08-06-2004, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Wow! Happy Anniversary to you too!!!! How many years? 2 for us.

Well, EC went well the first 2 days...but not so great yesterday, although we did get 1 BM in the potty not many pees. We have the baby bjorn potty that has the side arms and back, I'm wondering maybe that isn't comfy because her feet don't touch the floor? I'm wondering if her feet would touch the floor with the simple bjorn potty, no back or arms... Any potty suggestions from anyone? We basically take her to the potty frequently and turn on the tap for the water sound.

#4 of 7 Old 08-06-2004, 02:05 PM

3 years for us. We had a nice dinner at home and watched a movie on TV. Low stress for the baby.

Let's see. Dd has a wooden potty chair. Her feet don't touch the floor either; I hold her on the potty. Good that your potty has no back. Sometimes dd hits her head on it when she arches to tell me she doesn't have to go. She's been EC'd since she was two days old. I still miss pees sometimes (on good days I catch about 75%), but she likes to poop on her potty. Other than that we vary the places we take her to pee. Her favorites are outside :LOL and public restrooms (I'm pretty selective about which ones I'll take her to).
#5 of 7 Old 08-08-2004, 01:38 AM

Yay, that's so awesome! I wish EC was the norm here in the USA like it is in India, I've gotten lots of criticism from people about it, even now that my daughter is 19 mos old and not "potty trained yet" even though we've been ECing for a long time. It'd be really nice if it was the norm and seen as natural rather than something odd and "unnatural".
#6 of 7 Old 08-10-2004, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
QUOTE: I wish EC was the norm here in the USA like it is in India,

on this very topic, check out "Decomissioning the Diaper".... in

no longer  or  or ... dd is going on 12 (!) how was I to know there was a homeschool going on?
#7 of 7 Old 08-10-2004, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

It makes a lot of sense. Though with our great start, we had a terrible bout of teething w/no interest in the potty so we are just starting up again!

Sadly though I think it's becoming less and less popular even in India...very sad because with so many people in that country just imagine all the sposie diapers piling up. I haven't been back to India in a while but I hear it's losing popularity there too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page