my baby rarely poops - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-18-2004, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I am nott ECing, but I am interested in it. My 4 week old has a lot of trouble pooping. She grunts and groans and turns red, and I am sure she is trying to poop, but can't. The doctors have said that she just doesn't have the coordination down yet.

Anyway, when she does finally poop, it is usually once ever 36 hours or so. It could be 3 times in one day or only once every 3 days though - usually the latter. So, how would you deal with this? Especially when she really looks like she is trying to poop and then nothing happens?

Just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-18-2004, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
When she looks like she's trying to poop, you could try holding her over a toilet or sink or something in a typical EC position - sitting with her back against your stomach/chest and your hands supporting her legs under the thigh/knee area. Being in that position has always seemed to help my dd poop.
#3 of 5 Old 09-18-2004, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks - I'll have to try that.
#4 of 5 Old 09-19-2004, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I tried holding her over the sink this morning when she was grunting. She did pass some gas, but no poop. I think she just has problems pooping, buut we'll keep trying this.
#5 of 5 Old 09-19-2004, 10:13 PM

My DS was really unhappy one night and he uses a Baby Bjorn Little potty. He pooped but was stll unhappy. He had some gas and that seemed to relieve things a bit. Maybe she just has gas some of the time. I always said that DS might be hard to do EC with because I couldn't tell the difference between gas and a poop. BTW: DS is only pooping every4-5 days.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page