rave for baby legs! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-25-2005, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
have you guys checked out baby legs yet? www.babylegs.net ...they are tiny little leg warmers, so incredibly cute! we just got a few pairs today and i am in love. i wish these were available last winter when my DD was crawling/scooting all over the place. we usually just kept her in a diaper/trainer but her legs would get so cold from our wood floors.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#2 of 17 Old 08-26-2005, 02:18 AM

what a nice business concept, with the charity donations and all that. I just sent her an email. do you know this mama? does she post here?
#3 of 17 Old 08-26-2005, 07:32 AM

Mini legwarmers for babies!!! How cute! But I want a red pair with blue hearts, like the ones I had in 8th grade......
#4 of 17 Old 08-26-2005, 09:27 AM

www.theecstore.com has some instock for instant gratification. I've been tempted for awhile now...
#5 of 17 Old 08-26-2005, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

no, i don't know the mama... i guess there is a chance she posts here, as it seems like she is an EC'er...
i did get mine from the EC store. emily is so nice and they got here super fast!
i showed them to a friend yesterday who has a DD a few months older than my DD, and she loved them too. they don't do EC, but she was saying they would be a great alternative to regular tights, as you don't have to rangle them on and off during diaper changes or worry about them slipping down over time.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#6 of 17 Old 08-31-2005, 11:34 PM

Pamela, Nicole lives in Seattle--you just might see her around! Micah was a little model but it looks like her pic is gone now. I met her and she's really nice. There's still a little pic of her on her site but it's just a teeny one of her sitting on the ground with the other babies.
Liane
#7 of 17 Old 09-01-2005, 03:07 AM

I was inspired to write to her... we're corresponding!
#8 of 17 Old 09-05-2005, 03:47 AM

I've met Nicole, and she's really sweet! (I don't know if she posts here or not though)

For those that aren't aware of it already, this weekend (Labor Day weekend), Nicole is participating in a Children's Hospital fundraiser event by donating ALL proceeds in addition to more babylegs from the sales at theecstore.com. I think you have to click on option "Children's Hospital" and specify colors to donate. What a great cause.

btw, We got lucky and DDs still has her photo on the site (photos section, asian baby)
#9 of 17 Old 09-05-2005, 08:15 PM

Anyone else interested in sharing their favorite Baby Legs outfits? Here are the ones that came to mind for us . . .

Rainbow Baby Legs & Bright Bots or other solid color trainers like SIMPLYcover, KISSes or Snap Pants (orange, purple, red, aqua)

Fall Stripe Baby Legs with olive, sage or red

Brown Cow Baby Legs, organic BornPottyTrained tee, blue skirt/shorts and brown converse

Hoping for pink/sage stripe Baby Legs someday . . .

I would love to hear how others dress their little EC babies in Baby Legs.

Keila, mom to
Jane and Helen
#10 of 17 Old 09-09-2005, 04:51 AM

We have the pink with red dots. I like to put them on DD under dresses when we go out. It looks cute, protects her knees, and makes it super easy to EC (vs fumbling with pants, tights, etc)
#11 of 17 Old 12-11-2005, 08:48 PM

i love so many patterns of babylegs. they're just too adorable!!!!
#12 of 17 Old 12-12-2005, 01:02 PM

I just ordered my first two--Fall Stripe and Olive/Khaki Stripe. Can't wait!
#13 of 17 Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 PM

I will so be getting these if I have a girl! They are so cute and great!
#14 of 17 Old 12-18-2005, 11:53 PM

I just got my fall stripes Babylegs and they are wonderful. I did get the wider cuff and they are tight around my ds thighs. Do any of you have the slimmer cuff. Would they fit chubby legs better? I love them! I am going to order some more as soon as dh stops checking on my spending lately!
Jackie
#15 of 17 Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 AM

Just wanted to let you all know it is SUPER easy to make your own fleece baby legs. Fleece is about $4 a yard and you can typically buy as little of a yard as you want. I measured my dd around her thighs and ankles and made a cardboard pattern like a trapazoid, KWIM? Make sure you cut the fleece so that the stretch goes AROUND the leg, not up and down the leg. Since fleece doesn't fray, you only need to sew them up the seam - no hemming! I'm no seamstress (can't even spell the word ) and I can make a pair (hand sewing) in about 30 minutes. I've also made some lighter weight ones out of t-shirt material (soft cotton with a bit of lycra).

Typically, Annabelle wears a long sleeve t-shirt with a side snap undershirt, MotherEast cloth diaper, baby legs and socks. I've also knitted a couple pairs of babylegs out of cotton yarn, but the fleece are my favs. You should see the leopard print ones I just made! My girl is stylin'!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#16 of 17 Old 01-08-2006, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny0116
I will so be getting these if I have a girl! They are so cute and great!

i just had to say i put babylegs on my 7 month old son as well my five year old son wears the rainbow on his arms with no shirt and jeans and dances around the house...such a little raver!
auds
#17 of 17 Old 01-12-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auds
i just had to say i put babylegs on my 7 month old son as well my five year old son wears the rainbow on his arms with no shirt and jeans and dances around the house...such a little raver!
auds
Wanted to chime in and say my 5-mo DS wears his BabyLegs all the time. A local store started carrying them so I just got a pair of navy blue for him. Around the house he's usually in just a t-shirt and babylegs and sometimes socks if it's pretty cold in the house. I think a lot of the styles DO look really girly to me, but I love them anyway! I love the idea a PP had of making them myself out of fleece. I think I'll try that!

Mama to two crazy boys (8/05 & 9/07) and happy wife to one wonderful hubby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page