Where can I purchase cotton underwear in a 12-18 month size? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-18-2005, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 19-month-old DD has pretty much PLed herself. WOO-HOO!!!!! But she's so tiny, I can't seem to find underwear for her. Then, I had this brainstorm and thought you EC mamas might have some resources for such a thing.

Sooooo ... I am looking for cotton (organic would be especially wonderful) panties in a 12-18 month or 18-24 month size. Got any idea where I might find that?

TIA!!!
#2 of 10 Old 09-18-2005, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
One surprising thing I learned from doing EC is that size 2T/3T underwear is really small. Like, small enough for a baby to wear. My dd started wearing Gerber cotton trainers, size 2T, when she was 8 months (and on the small side for her age), and they were pretty loose but not falling-off loose. Later, I got some Fruit of the Loom panties in 2T/3T, and they turned out to be even smaller. So I bet you could go into any store and get some 2T/3T cotton panties and they would fit, even if the package indicates they're for a weight range a lot bigger than your daughter's size. (They wouldn't be organic, of course, but maybe someone else will have a suggestion about organic ones.)
#3 of 10 Old 09-18-2005, 08:59 AM

i use gerber training pants 2t and have for months. try finding some thing all cotton and (like gerbers) and shrink them.

Erin Mama to thing 1 and 2 WAH with CELIAC?! Living and Learning
#4 of 10 Old 09-18-2005, 12:23 PM

under the nile has organic cotton training pants http://www.underthenile.com/underthe...ail.php?id=156 that are very lightly padded, my DD started wearing them around 12mo. they also have underwear, but i don't think they would be small enough... let me think and get back to you...
found these too-
http://www.ecobaby.com/catalog/product.asp?pf_id=utn102
one more-
http://www.hannaandersson.com/catego...ggpId=&gpcPos=

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#5 of 10 Old 09-18-2005, 01:16 PM

What is their smallest size because the size 3 at Target. The one's with Dora or Hello Kitty were too big but my dd is only 23 pounds at 2 years old. She has been wearing panties for over a year. The smallest ones I found were the Gymboree ones they made in 2004 or previuous years. They mae a new size that is 3/4 instead of 3 and it is too big.
#6 of 10 Old 09-18-2005, 03:14 PM

We just splurged for my daughter's birthday and bought her some Hanna Anderrson hipster fit underwear, size XS. I think they are awesome, and they are organic cotton. These fit my 27 pound, 2 year old daughter great. I tried them on my 5 mo, 16-17 pound daughter. They were a little big in waist, but they would work fine for her too.

We found that the fit in 2T/3T panties varied widely, but I really like the fit of some TKG ones made in Canada that I found at Sears. We bought lots of panties when my daughter was about 1 year old, and many of the 2T/3T panties fit her well enough then. Look at the weight ranges because some of them are specific down to 22 pounds or so on the 2T/3T size. I thought I had way too many panties, but we use all of them.

Again, I love the Hanna Anderrson undies that we just bought. So if you can justify a splurge for those, I would go for it. My daughter loves them too, and I love the lower rise fit that they have and the incredibly soft cotton. I wish I had bought them earlier!

Keila - whose daughters are well-endowed in the hip and thigh area, and of course, that does affect fit
#7 of 10 Old 09-19-2005, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
if you know people in other countries you can get it a lot cheaper. i got mine from india where everyone is diaperfree (excpet a few people adopting modern ways ...)

no longer  or  or ... dd is going on 12 (!) how was I to know there was a homeschool going on?
#8 of 10 Old 09-20-2005, 12:04 PM

Not sure if they are organic or not, but Dharma trading company has small undies in their catalog.

Kathryn
#9 of 10 Old 09-21-2005, 03:18 PM

also baggy underwear and pants are easier for them to pull down themselves. won't be long before she can do that.
#10 of 10 Old 09-21-2005, 03:23 PM

My daughter was too tiny for training pants and they would fall off. I tried several different types, with no luck. There is one brand, but they were about $20 a pair... She only was wearing about 12-18 mo pants at the time. I was bought cotton undies at Target and was going to have my mother alter them, but amazingly the 2T undies fit her!!!! Give some of the cheapie ones a try. You can also try washing in hot water to shrink them

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page