how much longer until my son will stop having accidents - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-28-2005, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi...my son had been telling me 'go pee pee' before he goes. then we moved and my husband deployed and he regressed. now he is back to saying "go pee pee" before he goes but i have to be pretty fast to get him to the potty. today he had one accident while i was on the phone. the other one was while i was in the other room grabbing something. i heard him say go pee pee but by the time i got there it was too late. i know he is doing great for 21 months, but i get frustrated sometimes. i hate being in a restaraunt and worrying will he have an accident. or when he is with a babysitter. but i do not want to go back to diapers b/c he seems really close, no? and i don't really want to do the naked thing b/c he is old enough to learn how to pull his pants down....it will just take some time. for now i rush him in there after he tells me or after he starts going.

so please please can somebody give me some encouragement. just a few more days or weeks of this???? please tell me what i already know- that he will get it soon. like i said i know he is doing great, but everytime he has an accident...i doubt myself. like maybe he wasn't ready or too young and i'll be cleaning up accidents for a year!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-28-2005, 10:40 PM

Oh my gosh.. this is exactally where we are at too. Ds is 22 months and we have been dealing with this for about 2 months now, I wish I could tell you that it will only last a few weeks.

Ds still does not pull down his own pants so I keep him nudey-bum while at home. We do have several days a week where we have no misses but we also have days where we have almost no catches. We are 100% on poops though!!

Anyway, not much advice here to offer, just understanding. Hopefully someone will have more advice.

Catherine
#3 of 5 Old 09-30-2005, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

i think my son is not ready. i now know that ec is about communication and not trying to catch everything. i may give it a couple days. we did ec at first. then we did the cold turkey underwear approach and i am thinking that he is not ready. but i am afraid to confuse him by going back to dipes. i'm leaning towards some training pants by snap-ez just for outings. i am trying to let HIM tell me when he needs to go instead of bringing it up except for outings.

i just had no idea it would take so long. although we don't really have poop accidents anymore. i feel some mommy guilt about this b/c maybe this was too much pressure i dunno...
#4 of 5 Old 09-30-2005, 04:04 AM

Hi! My daughter is 23 months and just in the last few days has started pulling her pants down by herself. And not in a signal to need to potty, either. Just at random times. LOL I know plenty of kids who need help with clothing much later so please don't let that be an obstacle for your son just because you think he SHOULD be able to do it.

He has had major life changes and he is probably working on some molars. No one knows how much longer it will be until he has no accidents. But does it matter? Is 2 accidents a day worth going back to diapers and totally tuning him out and going back to square one? Is FIVE accidents a day worth that? I don't think so, personally. You know with underwear that he is clean and dry ALL the time. Doesn't he deserve that?

Check out The EC Store for trainers too! www.TheECstore.com
#5 of 5 Old 09-30-2005, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

hmmm that is true emily. i am gong to think about what you said. i don't mind helping him pull down his pants. but something about this whole thing is bothering me. it is not relaxed anymore. you know what though you made me feel really good. it is good to know that he is dry and not sitting in his own waste.

i have let this stress me out too much though

for now own my goal is to make it until dinnertime without diapers. then he will wear a diaper while we eat so we can eat in peace and in the evening b/c he is tired then. after we have less accidents i will try to phase the diapers out again. i just feel like this whole thing was too much pressure.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page