Infant Training Pants...? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-10-2003, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seems like I remember a thread awhile back in which someone was asking about training pants that would fit an infant for ECing, since they aren't bulky like diapers and would be easy to get off. Well, yesterday we put Nolan in a Bumpy swim diaper and it worked fine. We did nothing for those two hours but hold him and look for EC signs - I would not want to leave him in them yet for any extended period of time or when I am not watching his every 'cue'. However, I was thinking of getting some more for spring/summer to use for ECing when we get better with it: these swim dipes are very, very trim (almost like a speedo) and pull on/off easily (although they do have a side snap on one side). There is no absorbency but the inside is lined with fabric.

Has anyone else tried this or something like it?

Oh, DH's dad came over yesterday and was so impressed about the ECing - especially the part where Nolan actually ENJOYS sitting on his potty. I think alot of people think it's cruel or torture or 'too soon' or something - but Nolan sat up there for his grandpa and laughed and smiled the whole time he pooped
#2 of 7 Old 03-10-2003, 10:45 AM

Robin at Wonder Baby Designs makes Poquito Pants for JUST this thing!
#3 of 7 Old 03-10-2003, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Heather! I checked and she's out of mediums - I e-mailed her and hope to hear back soon
#4 of 7 Old 03-11-2003, 12:22 AM

I was wondering about using swim diapers! I would love to get some poquito pants, but Robin has been out of the mediums for awhile. Aand it looks like it will take my dd awhile before she fits into regular training pants. (She's 8 months, but only 16 lbs.)

Glad to know they work! I need to get some anyway because dd and I signed up for a baby & me swim class.

Thanks for the tip!

Loon

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**
#5 of 7 Old 03-11-2003, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Loon,

I heard back from Robin about Poquito pants. Yes, I think it will be awhile before mediums are available

But I was thinking of using the swim dipe as a cover with a mini diaper - maybe a washcloth or I may cut up some prefolds. I just hate to put so much bulk on him when we are ECing and changing him so much now. He doesn't need that much absorbency - even the Poquito pants say they will only hold one wetting and are designed to be changed right away.

I really love the Bumpy Swim Diaper. They look alot like poquito pants. It's not cheap - we got ours while I was pregnant and an online store had them on clearance for about half price. Wish I had gotten more than one! I guess they're no more expensive than the covers we're using now over his diapers.
#6 of 7 Old 03-11-2003, 04:31 PM

Maria

If you have doublers,those would also work.

Loon

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**
#7 of 7 Old 03-11-2003, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Loon,

I thought about doublers. But the Bumpy swim dipe is so trim that it would be a bit bulky. I mean, it's tiny! Which is what I like about it - Nolan can actually close his legs... I'm still trying to work out something but we're really not ready for that stage yet. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page