What do you do at night? - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: What do you do at night, re: diapers/EC?
completely diaper 7 29.17%
diaper, but EC if baby awakens 10 41.67%
diaper, and wake baby to EC 1 4.17%
go nakey, no problems, no worries--no accidents all night 1 4.17%
go nakey, and baby wakes to EC 3 12.50%
go nakey, and wake baby to EC 0 0%
go nakey, changing out cloths under baby throughout the night 0 0%
something else--let us know! 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-10-2003, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As I said in another thread, we use diapers at night and I change them and EC Tristan only if he wakes on his own. He usually only wakes up now if he has to poop...otherwise, we have a really soaked diaper in the morning. He probably stirs when he has to pee, but I've gotten to where I just pop a breast in his mouth without waking up myself.
So, what do you do at nighttime?
#2 of 9 Old 03-10-2003, 05:09 PM

Go nakey, no accidents nine times out of ten.
#3 of 9 Old 03-10-2003, 06:47 PM

Okay, I don't hang out here too often, put I am so dead proud we *finally* got the nighttime thing going that I just had to vote.

Started nighttime dipe-free when ds was 6 mo - I was too cowardy to do it earlier. Then he started teething like wild and we were on vacation and... anyway, we went back to cd, 'cause it stressed me out. THEN, when he was 10 mo I just got tired of unpacking the baby two times or so at night, so I figured "Hey, WHY don't I just LEAVE to old dipes in the cupboard completey?" Slow starter me, hehe. But anyway, here we go, virtually accident free.

Julia

http://kids.kairos-web.de (German)
#4 of 9 Old 03-10-2003, 07:22 PM

We're really somewhere between baby wakes to EC (pee) and wake baby to EC. Dd wiggles and whacks around when she needs to pee, I take her to pee and she goes right back to sleep. She can toss around an hour before "giving up" and peeing in bed. Then she'll wake upset, need a long nursing session, etc...We all sleep better if I wake her when she starts to wiggle. time to get off the computer and nap with dd...
#5 of 9 Old 03-10-2003, 07:29 PM

I used to go diaper free and she would wake to pee, then nurse back to sleep. She would do this 2-3 times a night. Then teething hit and she would wake about 4-5 times a night. I found that she didn't have to pee each time and when I held her over the potty, she would get mad if she didn't need to pee. She really wanted to be asleep but the teething pain got her up. I started not waking up as fully with these frequent wakings and started popping her on the breast and she'd go back to sleep and sometimes I'd miss the pee so we went back to diapers at night. I should go back to diaper free at nights. At 9 months, she is starting to sleep for 4-5 hours at night without waking and being dry when she does!

I didn't vote because we're inbetween diaper free at night and using them. Night time EC has always been a breeze for us. She stirs, goes pee, nurses back to sleep. The days aren't nearly so easy to read! Some are great, some are not (in terms of catching most of the pees.) We catch 99% of the poos!!!!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#6 of 9 Old 03-10-2003, 09:08 PM

We're sort of a combo of 3 of the possible answers from the poll: He sleeps nakey on a cloth. Sometimes he wakes to pee, sometimes I wake him to pee, and sometimes he just pees on the cloth and I change it when he wakes. Most nights we do some combination of these depending on how tired we all are.

Rachel M

mama to Isaiah 7/99 and
Simon 10/02 joyous home VBAC, ec'd from birth
#7 of 9 Old 03-11-2003, 12:04 AM

We do a combo, if he's squirming around with his hiney in the air I know he needs to go, so I'll sort of wake him up. Usually he would wake up on his own anyways. He sometimes sleeps pretty hard the first 3-4 hours, and goes in his sleep once or twice a week, so I use a diaper until he pee's that first time and he's nakey after that.
#8 of 9 Old 03-11-2003, 12:26 AM

We do a combo, too. I diaper, but if dd wakes up and won't nurse back to sleep (she'll latch on, latch off, latch on, latch off and squirm), I take her to pee.

Most times, she'll go the whole night without having to pee, she'll pee when she awakens for the day. But other times, especially if she has not peed before she went to sleep, I know she'll be up at least once during the night.

Loon

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**
#9 of 9 Old 03-11-2003, 10:18 AM

I've finally learned that teething throws EC all to heck... and started putting something absorbant under ds when he teethes. Other than that, he is 100% reliable at night. Daddy puts him on the potty beside the bed once, maybe twice a night.

We had a deal from the beginning... one of us breastfeeds ds at night, the other one takes care of the other end. Funny how it's always worked out that I do the former.... :-)

Blessings!

Ahleemah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page