Is this wrong? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-11-2003, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe "wrong" is too harsh of a word... "unadvisable" maybe works better.... (Is that a word?)

So when I take 3 month old Eli to pee I often run the water. I often run the warm tap water right onto his penis. He DEFINITELY begins to pee when I do this. Otherwise I stand around waiting when I KNOW he has to pee. Is this unadvisable?

Thanks, I know I should read a book, but I haven't had a chance to go to the library yet!

xo pam
#2 of 6 Old 03-11-2003, 01:00 AM

I've never run it over Kenny's penis, but I have dripped some before when he just wasn't 'relaxing.'

Same premise really.
#3 of 6 Old 03-11-2003, 10:46 AM

I've been wondering about this idea too - the sure fire way to get my dd to pee is if I let her take a drink of water. I discovered this one day when I was letting her play with a cup while sitting on the potty. Bad idea???:
#4 of 6 Old 03-11-2003, 12:25 PM

I think a lot of it depends on whether you want to EC when you're outside of your home, and if you will be able to do this at other places. For a while, my DS would only pee if I "blow dried" him with the hair dryer (started because the MWs suggested I do that to help dry out his cord stump). After a few weeks, it got to where he really had to have the blow dryer to relax enough to pee. After realizing what happened, I quit the blow dryer cold turkey.
I just don't want him to have to have something in order to pee, because I really like to EC him when we're out. Of course, a hair dryer is not as portable as water, and I don't think you're really doing any damage.
#5 of 6 Old 03-11-2003, 09:15 PM

-- I often run the warm tap water right onto his penis. He DEFINITELY begins to pee when I do this. Otherwise I stand around waiting when I KNOW he has to pee. Is this unadvisable? --

It's okay to use running water, but try not to depend on it, meaning, try to get him to pee without it sometimes too. Then you can start to phase out the running water. I only used it occasionally, to help my son relax at times where he held back. Try to find other ways to get your ds to relax and go -- maybe looking in the mirror and laughing, playing with a toy, or something else. Be creative and you'll find ways :-)

Laurie
#6 of 6 Old 03-14-2003, 12:48 PM

I trickle a little warm tap water on dd with my fingers right before bed time to try and persuade her to pee before going to sleep which mostly does the trick. If I can get her to pee before going to sleep most nights she'll be dry and sleep through til morning. And I used tap water our first week ec'ing. But now, other than before bed we're water free. We transitioned off in that first week by just running the water in the sink, and then finally just making the sss sound.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page