I was reminded how wonderful EC is! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-11-2003, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
O.k...I have to admit that I'm not doing as well as I should be and would like to be at picking up all of Noah's signals, but we (knock on wood) have yet to miss a poop signal in a looooong time...except for a couple days ago...

it reminded me how wonderful it is to EC. I was working on some stuff for a class while my mom was watching Noah in the other room. THen I went to the post office across the street to mail some things and came back. When I came in and sat down I was like "what is that smell???" I tthought it was my mom's food cooking, lol, so I didn't want to say, "your food smells so gross" so I just ket quiet besides saying something smelled. Then I picked noah up to nurse him ad realized the smell was coming from him! I was so grossed out//just at the thought of him sitting in his poop and my mom said "oh yeah, he must have pooped a while ago." : I started cleaning him up and then started openly talking about how it reminded me how great it is to EC...even if someone ONLY did it for poop signals, because it's so much nicer for the babe to poop in the potty and just wipe them a couple times rahter than scraping it off their butt...plus I don't have poop to scrape off diapers and I don't worry about stains on nice diapers :LOL

Although I didn't get mad at my mom...only a little irritated, she was really apologetic and agreed that it was much nicer for him to poop in the potty that sit in it in a diaper

So Anyway, I just thought I'd share that lil story!
#2 of 3 Old 03-11-2003, 02:55 PM

Yeah, I brought up that point to my dh. He has a VERY weak stomach and poopy diapers always bothered him (but he sucked it up and changed them anyway!). So recently Owen pooped for dh and he (dh) almost hurled at the smell, lol! So I took the potty and cleaned it out but pointed out wasn't this better than having to change a diaper and clean the poop off the baby, dispose of the dipe, etc? He whole heartedly agreed

I'm also not doing as well as some, but we've had 3 poopy diapers in 3 months, so I'm not complaining I think even if you just do poopy EC, that is still AWESOME !!!
#3 of 3 Old 03-11-2003, 02:56 PM

Oh, and lol that you thought a poopy diaper might be your mother's cooking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page