What about flying? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2003, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I'm wondering what I'm going to do in a few weeks....I'll be flying across country with Carter (4) and Emma (8 months). Now that we've been using the BB little potty so much, she usually protests when we need to the big potty or the sink (she's okay with this if I can nurse her at the same time!--clever trick, I might add). I'll be trying to squeeze Carter, Emma and myself into a dinky, filthy airplane bathroom every hour at least. Any suggestions? I hate to think of sitting her on the toilet on an airplane. Maybe I'll try the sink and hope we don't hit turbulance or anything.

Even if you don't have any good advice, you can at least wish me good luck! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2003, 11:18 AM

We used the sink with success on a short flight.

In my limited experience, travelling has been 100% easier with EC than with dipes.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:55 PM

Heh heh, tells you where my head is, I was wondering what Flylady had to do with EC?

(no advice, so GOOD LUCK! )
Old 03-13-2003, 05:16 PM

I'm flying at the end of this month, and I'm planning on using the sink too. A lot of jets have changing tables above the toilet in the lavatories (had to call, never noticed them before ). I'm going to get his diaper off there, then pee him in the sink. He does fine on big toilets, but I'm not too keen on trying that in a cramped plane bathroom (I bed down low with him).
Old 03-13-2003, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just thought I'd suggest that instead of trying to cram your 4yo in the bathroom with you, you could leave the door open and have him stand outside. The light won't come on, but enough light should come from the cabin that it won't matter.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

User Tag List