Diaperfree!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-16-2003, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Four weeks ago, I decided to use backup diapering only when out and about. After that had worked great for 3 weeks I got bold: No diapers, period. So Jutta - 7 1/2 months old - has not worn a single diaper since last Monday. We went shopping, to playgroup, visiting my parents, gymnastics for Wolfgang, a meeting for nursing moms which I am leading, an important appointment at a bank and a breasfeeding conference where I took a 5 hour course. We did have accidents - but only at home. Out and about everything worked great, most of the time people didn't even know that Jutta was not wearing diapers. Even my parents did not realize that. I'm waiting for them to notice and then I'll say: "Yes of course, Jutta has not been wearing diapers for the last xxx times we've been here." We visit them once a week.
#2 of 7 Old 03-17-2003, 12:02 AM

Hi Freddy!

Yes, I really found that when we were ready to take the diaperfree plunge, around 7months we started trying it, the accidents were rarely out and about, they were mostly at home... mostly when I was doing email!!! :-)

Taking that plunge was hard... 3 months of transitioning, and then the diapers got packed away at 10 months for good. :-)

Blessings!

Ahleemah
ds 16.5 mo
#3 of 7 Old 03-17-2003, 12:51 AM

That's AWESOME! Congrats to you guys

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#4 of 7 Old 03-17-2003, 01:56 AM

How cool !!
I hope we will be readsy to take the plunge by 7 mos
#5 of 7 Old 03-18-2003, 12:44 AM

Cool! When I was ECing my son there was a time (at 8 months) where I know in retrospect that I could have stopped diapering him. I usually diapered him full-time along w/ ECing and put him in training pants at home for a week b/c of a diaper rash (yes with cloth *and* EC). I took him to our church party diaperless, successfully, but ended up going back to my mostly diapering him way until he was 20 months. I'm hoping next time around to be able to do it more full-time and go diaperfree sooner!

Vicki
#6 of 7 Old 03-18-2003, 03:30 AM

what do your babies wear under their clothes? do you buy special baby undies?

EC has really intrigued me for awhile now, and even though my DD is not interested in it one bit (she is 16mo and a little old to start now, but I'm still thinking about it) but for the next one I might be interested in doing it at least part time at home.
#7 of 7 Old 03-18-2003, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by rwikene
what do your babies wear under their clothes? do you buy special baby undies?
Yes, dd is wearing cotton undies. I like them, because they contain misses to a certain degree, too. When Wolfgang was little it took me quite some time to find undies small enough for a child under a year. I finally discovered them at a local supermarked - in rather cheap packs of 5. I bought 15 for Wolfgang.

When pregnant with Jutta I discovered even smaller undies on sale at a shop right around the corner. I bought six. Jutta could wear thrm from age 3 months on, there is a picture of her wearing these tiny undies in Laurie Boucke's new book Infant Potty Basics.

At the moment both sizes fit her her, so we are having lot's of undies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page