Pants that fit - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-16-2003, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:LOL Ha ha... With ds I never tried to ec, but it was really hard to find pants that fit well over cloth diapers. So many are too skinny in the butt. But now, after three years of collecting wide pants, we have had three days of dd in no diapes. Her pants keep sliding right off!: :LOL
So now I have to go shopping for trim pants.

Just thought I'd share my amusment.
#2 of 4 Old 03-16-2003, 11:47 PM

We had that problem and started doing overalls a lot!

But now they have too many snaps for EC'ing and I'm just wanting some simple, elastic waist band pants to pull up and down easily!
#3 of 4 Old 03-17-2003, 01:58 AM

I love my dd fleece sweatpants... they act like a dipercover if we have a miss while she is wearing training pants and they pull up and down easily
i think that it is so cool that she fits into pants for such a long time since she doesn't wear dipes... when we do wear the cd i have to go up a whole size
#4 of 4 Old 03-24-2003, 04:19 AM

I made dd pants today that are totally EC pants. They don't even come CLOSE to covering her diaper. So they will be the EC pants. I actually copied the style from Gymboree leggings which are $5 on clearance, but pants are actually really easy to make. Take 4 rectangles of fabric and sew them in to legs by putting a seam on the long side making two books. Sew partway downfrom the top of each bringing them together which is the seam that goes down the front and back middle. THen pin the legs and sew a sharply curved seam around the inside to make the legs. Make an elastic band at the waist and pull stretchy fabric at the ankle and zig zag stitch the bottom (or serge if you have the capabilities) or you can do a hem at the bottom. Anyway, the stretch/zig zag makes cute bell ruffles at the bottom like ht Gymboree leggings. They are cute. I used a hemp/cotton fleece to make sweatpants. With that fabric you'd probably want to use little panties so there wouldn't be she wouldn't have lint in the area.
Lauren

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page