Some ramblings.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-19-2003, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so we've been ECing now for a month or so. I've noticed my deep sleeping, 4-hour nap taking baby is waking up to pee. This is a mixed blessing, cuz, yes....she is realizing what that urge means, BUT.....I don't get those wonderful 4 hour breaks anymore. Same thing during the night. She used to go to bed around 9:00ish, wake up at 3 or 4 to nurse and then back to bed til 8:00-8:30 AM. Now, I'm up at 1:30 (to pee her), 4:30 or so.....then 7ish for the morning. What the heck??? I've ordered Laurie & Ingrid's books, so I'm sure the answer to this question is in there, but I'm impatient, so tell me, y'all.....when do they start holding it longer? She's been doing this for the past week or so...and I've also noticed she's crabbier and droolier during the day. Sooo, it could quite possibly something else.

We're to the point now that she goes within seconds of being put on the potty, instead of having to wait 5-10 minutes. ESPECIALLY POOP! Its like a huge relief when I put her on the Baby Bjorn....I can see her visibly relax when she goes, lol. Sometimes, she even makes an "Ahhhhhhh" sound (in her own baby way)

One more thing....how do you "connect" with your baby, so that you're spiritually in tune during the day. I'm particularly interested in the answers the Christian mamas on here can give. Do you pray for that connection in the morning? Do you take a minute when they first wake up to just "be" with them before starting the day? Tell me! Some days I am just not there, ya know??

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-23-2003, 05:06 PM

Hi! I don't know if I have any answers for you, lol! How old is your baby? We didn't start EC til 6 months old and at that point my ds was already going most of the night w/o peeing. EC has not changed that because I just can't get it in gear to night EC him. I literally can't get myself awake enough to do anything, yk? But this past week or so, all on his own, he's suddenly not peeing at night. He used to pee once a night and I'd take the dipe off. Now nothing! Weird.

But you're totally right that teething may have to do with it. Crabby and drooly is quite the understatement huh? : My son has been drooling like a Rottweiler and clinging like saran wrap but he's now got 8 teeth to show for it! Thank goodness I think he's taking another teething break.

I have not thought about being spiritually in tune with my baby, but that's a lovely thought
#3 of 3 Old 03-23-2003, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Shannon. Esme is only 3 months old.....so I guess I should cut her some slack She's back to her old self yesterday and today (lovely 4 hours naps....waking once a night) and I am a happy mama! I can't wait to read Laurie & Ingrid's books. I am an input junkie and LOVE acquiring knowledge. I'm also waiting for Ina May's new midwifery book (on hold at the library). Yippeeee!

I had to laugh at your description of your son (especially the Rottweiler part). We've taken to calling her "Hooch" as in the dog from Turner and Hooch. Poor thing

Lisa

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page