ECing a 4 mo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2003, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did anyone else start at 4 mos? I am a little daunted since I am having trouble picking up their cues (I know I only started on Friday). Have I waited too late? Can anyone tell me success stories after starting this late? PM me if you'd rather not post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2003, 11:58 PM

Because we had a really cold winter and a rather frigid house (we're talking see your breath frigid ) we didn't go full time to ec until dd was about five months old. We had done it occasionally, but no nakey baby at all. Even though we started "late," we are doing REALLY well. We do almost one hundred percent timing/intuition, and catch most of the time -- it seems that after a couple of weeks, we got really synchronized. I really don't think you're starting too late at all - four months old would seem to be a pretty great time to start; baby is starting to grow in cognitive leaps and bounds and ready to really communicate with mama. I wish you guys the best!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
Old 03-25-2003, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I am missing almost all of them (except post nursie poos and pees) but I am catching them right as they go and doing the "pssss" sound and saying "you're peeing". I only found one pee diaper that wasn't warm all day. So at the very least, they aren't sitting in pee for a second.

I am trying not to get discouraged. Maybe since I am paying attention and cueing them, they'll make it more noticable.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:58 PM

Just like anything else, ec takes a little getting used to. When I started, I had to break myself of the mental habit of "diapering" - any time a habit is "broken," your little comfort zone is tweaked. I think it's perfectly normal to feel like it's not working, or that you "can't" communicate with your dd as well as you think you should - any transition period will produce doubt....but it'll get better! Once your mental track is changed - and it may take a while - you'll feel more comfortable with this new way of life. Hope this helps a little!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
Old 03-26-2003, 06:02 PM

laralou, i don't think you are too late! i've seen posts from moms who started at 8 months and were having success to some degree. don't stress about it, especially since you just started. you are just getting in the groove

besides, you are doing it with TWINS!!! that's a feat in itself and good for you. just keep on keepin' on & don't get discouraged. like i said in my post about signing & ecing...we had difficulty until we got settled in our own place. you'll get there in your own time. i used to think that i would never understand ds & what he wanted. i have to tell you, we still have our misses so don't think you're the only one. ok, enough rambling, i think you get it

ps: & just to illustrate my point ds just peed a nice stream onto the floor as he was sitting between my legs in the chair. lol

::

User Tag List