I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD peed on cue today!! We have been trying this for 4 days now, and while I have caught a few pees and even a little bitty poop today, they were all very timed...just after her nap. I have been studying for a test (I am in school parttime) that I had tonight, so I didn't feel like I could devote too much time to figuring out ec, but we did a little because I couldn't let it go. I had to go to the bathroom (funny, we talk about all sorts of excrement concerning the babes, but not so much about us!), so I thought that I would take her along to see if she would go too. So I went first and thought that might help since she is really starting to get to that imitating stage. Then I got her undressed and held her over the pot facing backwards and made the cue sound, and lo and behold, she peed! I was thrilled and thanked her for giving me a bit of hope that we can actually do this.

I have been wondering if this was going to be a go at all since we are starting so late (DD is almost 15 months), but I see a glimmer now!

Just had to share my joy.
#2 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 01:57 AM

Hey, if anything . . . YOU ARE COMMUNICATING! The whole point, right? Congratulations! s up!!
#3 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 11:43 AM

That's great! We had four days of success in the beginning, but the last two days, ds won't sit on the potty. I'm basking in your success!
#4 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I have a feeling that it is going to be very much a back and forth thing. But we will try to keep relaxed about it and see what happens!
#5 of 5 Old 03-28-2003, 12:14 PM

DO stay relaxed, because each day is different and it doesn't mean you aren't communicating - just that, like communication, there are days where we are all a bit 'off.' Don't let the 'catch nothing' days throw you off.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page