On the potty, asleep..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-01-2003, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that's how my 4 month old pooped the other day. It was soooo cute. It was the middle of the night, I had just nursed her and was trying to put her back to sleep. She was squirming and squiggling and couldn't get comfy.....so I put her on the potty. Her eyes were closed and body was all floppy.....but she went!!! After she did her business, I put her dipe back on and she conked out immediately. I had to laugh. I had to share it with somebody and DH wouldn't appreciate being awakened to hear about it....so, my SIL was awake with her two week old, so I ran in to tell her about it!

EC is the best!

My sister, hoppytoad (on the MDC boards) is on her way out here from the east coast tonight. She'll be ECing her 8 month old on the plane. I'm interested to hear how it goes.....

BTW....Laurie, I'm reading you book right now. I just love it...especially all the info & pics from different cultures.

Lisa
#2 of 6 Old 04-01-2003, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

that is so cute. Too bad you didn't have someone to take a picture.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#3 of 6 Old 04-01-2003, 11:29 PM

That is very cool! My 8 month old ds does his first morning pee on the pot leaning on my or dh's shoulder, with his head down and eyes shut....he's just not ready to greet the world yet, but he's awake enough to need to pee. When you put him on the potty, he throws his body forward so he can lean on you, even if it means bending almost double!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#4 of 6 Old 04-02-2003, 01:51 AM

I know - my little guy pees in his half sleep too. I say 'half-sleep,' because can they actually PEE IN their sleep? That's a question I am sure is probably answered in Laura's book, right?
#5 of 6 Old 04-02-2003, 02:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know this too much information but I have peed in my sleep

You better believe whenever I start dreaming of toilets I force myself awake.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#6 of 6 Old 04-02-2003, 03:43 AM

Mine too!

When she needs to pee, (whether middle of night or early morning but not ready to wake for the day), I nurse dd while holding the potty under her. She nurses AND pees while half asleep. Amazes me every time.

Loon

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page