not sure if this is EC related or not, but very cute!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2003, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As you may have read in my previous post, we were going to take a break from ECing. I did try to keep it up after naps, but DD was even resisting that, so I completely stopped for the time being. She has been nursing a lot more and been a bit clingier than usual, so I was thinking that something else might be going on, and not to push ECing right now.

Anyway, we were getting ready to take a shower tonight, and I got DD undressed and let her run around the bathroom while I was doing a few things. I checked to see if she peed, and noticed that she did, and asked her where she peed. She is just turning 15 months and is really not saying anything words yet, so I don't usually expect too much in the way of two-way conversation to my questions. But when I asked her where she peed, she pointed over by the shower, where she had just been standing. So I got a paper towel and went looking, and that is just where she peed!! Not sure if this is a communication breakthru or developing an understanding of peeing, but I was very excited!

Just wanted to share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2003, 02:17 AM

That's wonderful that she's communicating her elimination to you in this manner. Some children have such a time understanding and then relaying messages back to the speaker and oh, they try so hard. So good for you for having this gift with your daughter.

Old 04-03-2003, 01:30 PM

Oh, how wonderful of a story. In the beginning when we EC, that's how dd did her elimination. She found a "favorite" spot (not the potty) and did it. When I realized that, I let her go there every time when I take off her pants until she's comfortable going in a bathroom environment. I will also make the "ssss" sound when I see her pee and tell her she just peed. I was very excited because she was not doing it in her diaper for that particular pee and poop. So encourage her for a good job done. It will eventually get a whole lot better, but little at a time. Take every success as it comes. Keep up the good work!

User Tag List