Baby Greens "growing greens" diapers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-11-2007, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone used these diapers. They are Baby Greens growing greens Quick Dry 5-35 lbs. There is a contour for newborns a fitted for infants and you snap the contour into the fitted for added absorbency for toddlers (hopefully we won't need the diapers by then since we're ecing). Since this is our first and we are going to EC I don't want to spend a lot on diapers of different sizes since we're not sure what we really need.
#2 of 3 Old 01-11-2007, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: I'm interested to read responses too. I recently bought 3 Growing Greens diapers, without knowing anything about them (I just liked the fact that they are one-size).....although minedidn't say "quick dry" but they look exactly the same, so I'm not sure what the difference is. Our baby won't be here 'til April, or I would write a review.

I'm kind of nervous about them being hemp, though. I have heard some people say they have problems with hemp stinking and getting stiff after several washes....but just like any CD problem, I'm sure there are ways to trouble-shoot and get around it.
#3 of 3 Old 01-16-2007, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
my experience is that every one-size diaper I have seen is WAY too much for most ECers to ever need. They are way to bulky for a teeny newborn (who barely peesa teaspoon at a time) and most ECed babes are out of diapers long before 35 lbs. My 2.5 yr old is the size of most 3 year olds and he's barely 33 lbs now and has been a grad since around 2.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page