My daughter has discovered her clitoris - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She is crazy about her clitoris and is touching it all time! And smiling and chuckling. She is a very sensual little girl.
We are not ec, but we try to spend lots of time diaper free and have for most of her life...
I've enouraged potty awareness and been conscious not to instill shame in my kids about their bodies.
Is this normal for diaper free babies? ds has rarely "played" with himself.
dd is doing it maybe 50% of the time, probably more!
This feels like a bad question, but is there some way this could get out of hand?

-Dana

Dana McHonkenquacken

Poly Wife to: 

Gavain McHonkenquacken

Mama to: 

Egon Zap (m, 10)

Poppy Vespertine (f, 7)

Simon Lavender (aka Skeletor Hawk) (m, 4)

Tillwyn Calliope (f, 1)

and a determined, sweet, pitter-pattering life form, about the size of an apple, who is forcing me to eat icecream (due...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-30-2007, 01:11 PM

My DS has also discovered himself and I can safely comment that it is not just random touching but he favors the tip if you will. He is uncirc and we do EC. However his only nakey time is a night and so he seems to gravitate towards playing himself when ever he is uncovered. This can make potty time interesting as he will pee while pulling on himself and at times gives himself an erection which lloks pretty uncomfortable in a bblp.

I have had to practice not feeling yucky about it and I have had to force myself to stop commenting... except maybe sometimes I say "oh look you are playing with your pee pee maker"

I've just really not wanted to give him any shame bagage... and there is nothing wrong with enjoying himself as he was made.... However everyone where underpants - so he does too. I let him touch himself and very gently just move his hands aside and slip on the underpants after a few moments.

It is kinda funny to see him do all that so inocently - it kinda gets me thinking about how stuffy grown up life really is.

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#3 of 3 Old 05-03-2007, 09:32 PM

I've wondered if that's what my DD has been doing lately too. OR it's that we've been battling a rash lately and I wondered if it itches. I can't really tell the difference though. She LOOOOOVES to put her hand down there when on the potty and doesn't necessarily take it out prior to peeing. We just hang out and don't really comment on it, except when she pees on her hand. : Then we just say, "Please don't play in your pee" and wash her hand off.

Hey, if it feels good, good for her. There are grown women that don't know that much about themselves!!!

Amy, mama to "Pumpkin" (DD1, 5/16/06) and "Squashy" (DD2, 7/10/09)
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"- Confucius

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page