theme park-what to do with toddler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2007, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you go about ecing at a theme park? We're headed to sea world this weekend, and ds is 29m. He's real good at home and out as long as we have access to a potty, but if he gets distracted with something pretty exciting, forget it. I'm thinking to put him in his snap pants in case of accidents, but feel like if he's in them most of the day it would be a set back. But just the thought of taking him into the public restrooms there makes me cringe. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2007, 01:58 AM

My now two year old does really well at home as long as he has no pants/underwear but he's very unpredictable when we are out, especially in public restrooms. We use diapers or training pants when out. Last month we were at the Kennnedy Space Center and he surprised us by asking for and then actually using the restroom, twice, in a five hour period. I think the reason it worked was because the restrooms were relatively quiet (one had no one else there), so little activity/distraction. But in the bathroom that was more crowded and adjacent to the main area, he wasn't comfortable enough and went in the diaper. For just one weekend, I don't think the snap pants will cause a major setback. Just make sure you offer lots of opportunities to use the restroom (and maybe they won't be as bad as you expect). My son has been able to use some rather unappealing restrooms in rest areas and other public facilities.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:13 AM

We've had good luck using public restrooms of all sorts, but still use cd/snap pants when we're out just in case of distractions. So far, I don't think it's caused set-backs. Teething, traveling, and being sick have impacted our catch rate far more. Maybe if you show him that there are bathrooms available (even demo one? ) might help Looking at the public restrooms, I'd often rather have ds use the toilet than some of the changing tables

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  

User Tag List