walking and EC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-06-2007, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is skipping crawling and learning to walk! So how can I expect that to affect our ECin. He is only 7.5 months so I wonder what the differences will be between how EC is with such an early walker and little ones who walk when they are further along with EC. What are your experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2007, 03:10 AM

i have had a 'normal' walker and an early walker. both resulted in potty strikes

DS1, EC'd since 6 months, walked around 11/12 months. on came the potty strike. i was able to keep the night time (only occassionally needed) and wake-up pees for a few more months, but by 15/16 months he would have nothing to do with the potty. he did still stay dry at night, as he was before the strike. the strike lasted until he potty learned at 2.5 yo.

DS2, EC'd since birth, began walking at 8 months. on came the potty strike. he is now 10 months and i can catch a couple pees a day. in the last week i have caught 2 or 3 poops, which is an improvement over the past 2 months. but oh how i miss the days of all poops in the potty!

GL and keep communicating about his elimination even if he isn't interested in the potty.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM

DS also had a potty strike for about a month after he learned to walk. He went from rarely pooping in his diaper to almost daily for a month! It was frustrating, but I just kept trying, and he eventually went back to pooping outside the diaper.

Leslie, mom to John :, 02/25/06
::::

User Tag List