Why? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-17-2007, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eastmillcreekmama; have you tried training underwear or one wet pants so this way you can honor your aunt (I totally understand her perspective) and not have to deal with the difficult on and of diapers?

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
it only takes two weeks if you wait until they're ready."
Check out the toddler section of this board to see how "easy' it is when they are "ready".
Kids as old as 4 are still in diapers..that does not sound easy to me.

I know you weren't saying it was easy...

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFox05 View Post
I just don't get the "you're the one who's trained" comment. Well, duh, of course parents are trained to respond to their childrens' needs! Are you telling me that people who don't EC aren't trained to change diapers?
While I've never had that response aimed at me (oh, don't I wish), my reflex is to respond "Ummm... you mean parenting works better if you *don't* learn anything?"

As for the general "Why?" as in "Why are you doing it this way?" my primary reason, before we even had our son, was "I *remember* potty-training. It wasn't any fun."

As for the "3-year" remark... (1) I don't see how spending 3 years changing diapers is better than spending 3 years taking a child to the potty; and (2) we were graduates by 14 months. Granted, DS was getting close to 3 before he started taking responsibility for it himself, but it still had been AGES since I'd had to wipe an entire poop off his butt.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:17 AM
srs

For me, it has to do with feeling judged, and trying to decide who I want to share it with. We're still in the closet with everyone except my parents. We visited them recently and took the BBLP and my Dad commented that he had never seen a potty trained 7 month old before. I tried to explain that she wasn't actually potty trained, but he thought the idea was cool and said he had no doubt that she was learning. My mom is getting her own BBLP so we don't have to bring ours.
But I think if I brought the BBLP to my inlaws it would be a whole different story. I figure if I'm not comfortable telling them, then for sure we're going to have more misses.
I wish I had the confidence to say whatever, it's my kid, and parent around others the same way I do at home.

DD 04/07 DS 12/09
Old 11-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Hi,

we had the chance to be in China, which made it much easier to put EC into practice (where all babies are being EC'ed). With this background, it was also very easy to come out with my ideas. And nobody thinks I'm crazy not officially perhaps

And I must say, ECing was such a positive adventure for all of us, that I can't wait to hold my next little baby in my arms, being attentive to his/her needs from day one (instead of week 10).

Regards,
Fiikske

Belgian mom, Polish blood, 2 little girls running around (2003/2005), and a little boy (nov 2009).

User Tag List