Mothering Forum banner

DD tries to pee standing, What do you do?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  talia rose 
#1 ·
For those of you ECing a DD, does your DH sit when he uses the toilet?

I ask because we are very open the bathroom doors are open (unless we have guests) and DD has taken to not peeing on the toilet but while standing in front of it facing the toilet. It soesn't matter how long she sits on the toilet she gets down (I usually have her stand facing the toilet to help her redress) and pees immediatly upon facing the toilet.

Yesterday it clicked that DD is of course watching DH pee standing (lucky him) and is completely facinated so she probably thinks "why not me".

DH is thinking he will just close the door, but he keeps forgetting. I know my dad starting sitting once my sister and I were starting to potty train, what do you all do?

#2 ·
Maybe she could pee while standing in the tub for a while. It is a little more messy, but at least she is not peeing in her pants. Meanwhile you could have dh pee while sitting.

Not sure if that is helpful. Right now my little one will not pee anywhere but her diaper and it is making me crazy. I'd love to have your problem. At least your dd is on board with EC.

#3 ·
Thanks I hadn't even thought of the tub. At least I can spray that down, instead of wiping up the floor

Not sure how old your LO is but we are just coming off a potty strike, I am happy dd is showing some interest in the bathroom again. Our strike started when DD started crawling, I think she was very interested in playing and didn' want to stop.

I'm sure your LO will come around again.

#4 ·
my daughter likes to pee standing up when she is outside. i've wondered if she is a little anatomically different as quite often on the toilet she pees forward and gets her pants wet. and yet when she stands and thrusts her little hips out it all works just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.