Mothering Forum banner

Standing to pee at 5 months!

784 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  sea island mama 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago Daniel started arching his whole body back when I held him over the toilet - even when he had to go. I have also been having trouble getting the stream to go down into the toilet without going up the back of the lid first
So I thought I'd try standing him on the front of the seat & it has been working great
! I support him around the middle & hold his penis down with one hand (still hits the back of the lid if I forget or don't do it in time
: ) & hold one leg up & away with the other.
He seems more inclined to go this way & I can tell right away if he doesn't have to go when his penis wrinkles right up :LOL .
I'll try to get dh to take a picture one of these days so I can post it here

See less See more
#3 ·
Seth sure is a cutie!
I've been doing it since he was only a couple of days old, but there's no reason you can't start now. After catching the first pee or poop you'll be hooked - go for it! Just be prepared to go through a lot more diapers for a while. I'm still doing a load almost every day with 2 dozen diapers
Here are some pictures - there's one there of him on the potty at 3 1/2 months
. I'll get one of him standing peeing soon!
Daniel

#4 ·
Oh he's adorable!! It's amazing how much they change so quickly. Sometimes I look at Seth and realize that he really is growing up. (He got his first tooth today, sometimes it's exciting sometime sad) Anyway back on topic. I really would love to try it. I haven't read anything on this so I don't even know what kind of cues I should be looking for. So I should really do some reading into this. Since I have idea what to look for!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.