Natural methods of induction - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 12-09-2003, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Hi! I need to find out about some natural ways to induce labor for my best friend.

Here's the situation: She's in WA right now and her husband is in CA b/c he's in the military and she is finishing school. He'll only be able to take leave for the week before and the week after she's due, so they obvisously would like to have the baby within that time frame. Her first baby was a pitocin induction with AROM, which led to an epidural and she doesn't want to go that route again.

So, in addition to castor oil, sex, and nipple stimulation, what are ways to induce? I've heard about cohosh tea and primrose oil, but I have no idea how they're supposed to be used.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03, Amelia 12/13, and someone new coming 11/15, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-12-2003, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NOthing will work if her body isn't ready yet.
Here's what I did, and it worked for me... but, I had already been in pre-labor for 30-some hours and baby was definitely ready to be born.

First, mw applied borage oil to my cervix and DH and I did our thing
Then, I took homeopathic black and blue cohosh.
baby was born four hours later.

edited to add that I wouldn't recommend doing *anything* unless there is an experienced midwife overseeing it all.
#3 of 3 Old 12-31-2003, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Definately black and blue cohosh.

A licensed massage therapist can work the feet, knows meridian points and also a chinese massage therapist knows particular points which help bring on labor.

Also drinking ginger is helpful for bringing on contractions.

But as you already stated, castor oil and sex are probably the best ways to bring on labor and hopefully delivery.

Good luck!

Moon Light Mama

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page