Back pain relief? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-22-2002, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have just started seeing a chiropractor for pelvic torsion (caused by a posterior birth almost 9 years ago). I am 33 weeks pregnant.

Nights are the hardest, there seems to be no relief from the pain. I've tried skullcap, tiger balm, heating pad, cold packs, tylenol. I'm open to homeopathic remedies.

Thanks,

Rose
#2 of 7 Old 07-31-2002, 12:52 AM

have you tried resting on all fours? doing the *cat stretches* in this position really helped my back pressure (head up, back down/back arched, head down) & it can flip a posterior baby. Put your head down on a pillow with your butt stickin right up in the air and rock back and forth, sometimes some counter pressure on the hips helps... I also liked sitting on a giant rubber ball, no pressure on the tailbone!
This lessened my pain during the last weeks and especially helpful during labor (all the pictures are of my butt!) I even delivered on all fours!

Good luck!

~diana google me: hahamommy. Unschooling Supermama to Hayden :Super Cool Girlfriend to Scotty . Former wife to Mitch & former mama to Hannahbear
#3 of 7 Old 07-31-2002, 02:04 AM

Great suggestions hahamommy! Also massage is great and check out a book on optimal fetal positioning~great stuff!

Good Luck~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#4 of 7 Old 08-01-2002, 12:55 AM

Make sure you are doing your pelvic rocks (the hands and knees position that someone else suggested, where you first arch your back toward the ceiling, and then toward the floor). Also, use good posture whenever you can. Sitting straight, crosslegged is best, or on a birth ball. When you are sleeping, make sure you sleep on your side and have a pillow between your knees to maintain good pelvic alignment.

Hope these suggestions help, I'm sure there are some other women out there who have even more suggestions!
#5 of 7 Old 08-01-2002, 03:12 AM

Search for the thread on "symphasis pubis dysfuction". It has a lot of relavent info.
#6 of 7 Old 09-19-2002, 04:26 AM

My TENS unit helped a lot during labor. It is a small device that emits short bursts of electricity (I think). If you research it and find that you want to purchase one, the prices vary widely, so do your homework. I found one at a chiropractic supplier in New Jersey for about $40 for a really nice model.
Good Luck.
#7 of 7 Old 09-27-2002, 11:22 AM

The homeopathic remedies I have listed for back pain/ and or back labor ar Belladonna, Causticum, Chamomilla, Coffea, or Kali Carb, with Kali Carb being the most often used with best results. I would try a 30c. I think I've also read about using Bryonia- but you'd have to look into that more. I don't have it listed in the book I was looking at.
I have the same back pain, from posterior babies. It's so painful. I find a lot of relief from wearing a heated back belt. It's full of herbs and smells great. I put it in the micro to warm up and them it velcros around so I can wear it while I do whatever I need to do.
Hope this helps!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page